Post 1, Minimum of 150 words, APA formatmaiezymq12
This week, our discussion will focus on the concept of stare decisis (pages 7-11 in your textbook), and the landmark decision of Roe v. Wade.
The key to this discussion is stare decisis, not abortion! Therefore, please leave personal attacks, religion, and politics out. This case was selected in order to focus your attention on legal reasoning, despite your personal beliefs. In the realm of law and ethics, you will be expected to address controversial issues. This assignment will help you rely upon facts, data, and legal precedent, instead of personal convictions. Therefore, any posts that fail to address stare decisis as the main issue will be deleted.
Follow these guidelines..........
If your last name starts with the letters L - Z, draft arguments that Roe v. Wade is not settled law under the concept of stare decisis. Minimum of 150 words, APA Format
If you are not familiar with the details of Roe v. Wade, you can read about it at:
- This website has the U.S. Supreme Court opinion, audio transcripts of the oral arguments, and summary of Justice opinions.
This is the CRITERIA that your posts will be graded on:
- The depth of understanding you display
- The accuracy of your cites (citations are mandatory)
- Your writing skills (grammar / spelling)
- Proper word count (150 words )
- The quality of your interaction with other students in the discussion
Here is an example of a post that meets criteria:
Roe v Wade was decided in 1973. The Supreme Court at that time determined that a woman had a right to choose. One of the “underpinning” issues of Roe is a right to privacy. The right to privacy is addressed in the 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th, 13th and 14th Amendments.
Word Count: 204
- 4 years ago
- Using our sample data, construct a 95% confidence interval for the population's mean salary for each gender. Interpret the results. How do they compare with the findings in the week 2 one sample t-test outcomes (Question 1)?
- 500 words - 1#Define one role for a human services worker within a regional or remote community and identify the ethical dilemmas likely to be encountered within this role. 2#Identify at least one other diverse population and the way that intim
- Done Deal
- Week 5 interpersonal
- Only information for Regulatory law in Healthcare... About 250 words! Please see attachment
- BUSINESS SCM 300
- Construct Development, Scale Creation, and Process Analysis Paper on self esteem
- ECON 002 Lesson 12 Questions
- 9 months ago