"FOR A-PLUS WRITER ONLY"patisa
Outsourcing to India
A current debate in the business world today revolves around the practice of "offshoring" or "outsourcing" to foreign countries, especially India. While outsourcing American manufacturing jobs has been happening since the 1970s, today's practice outsources American higher-level jobs, ranging from technology helpdesks to accounting to radiology. In this Discussion, you will explore and debate the pros and cons of outsourcing - investigating why it is becoming a common practice, and the effect it has on America and the global community.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review pages 341 - 344 in The World Today and the Walden library article on outsourcing located under the Learning Resources
• Consider the steady commercial expansion of India since 1947 and what elements India holds that makes it a hotspot for outsourced jobs now
• Reflect on what might be next for India's industrial expansion
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 an explanation for the slow industrial growth in India beginning in 1947, and why this growth has accelerated so much since 1980. Provide reasons why companies outsource their work to India, and make a prediction for what will happen in India in the next 20 years.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week's Learning Resources, or something you have read, heard, seen, or experienced.
- 6 years ago
- Gaby's rate of return to years of education follows the following equation
- MATH 533 Final Exam
- 2 pages
- Case Study: Chest Sizesof Scottish Militiamen
- I need help with this homework writing a critical essay
- interpersonal communications
- Statistics homework
- This is my statistics exam I need help I have been lost this whole semester Identify each of the following as...
- Vision and Mission Statements.