please view description2federal
1. Re-read chapter 1. Then read the article Childhood victimization and subsequent risk for promiscuity, prostitution, and teenage pregnancy: A prospective study (Widom & Kuhns, 1996). In a narrative format of 750 or more words, identify:
(a) the research problem (what the authors were studying),
(b) research design,
(c) data-gathering strategy,
(d) any hypotheses,
(e) dependent variable(s),
(f) independent variable(s), and
(g) how key dependent and independent variables were operationalized (defined and measured)
2. In your own words, accurately define each of the following terms: theories, concepts, hypothesis, and paradigm. Be detailed in your answer giving examples to illustrate each term. In Widom and Kuhns, identify one concept that was treated as multidimensional. How do you know?
3.What other independent and dependent variables do you think should have been considered by Widom and Kuhns in their research? How would you operationalize (define and measure) those variables?
4. Summarize the findings of Widom and Kuhns' (1996) research. How clearly were statistical data presented and discussed? Were the results substantively important?
5. As the newly appointed director of research for your agency, you and your team decide to attend the NIH Office of Extramural Research's (NIH) online training course on the basics of human subjects research protections issues. After re-reading chapter 2, go to the public access NIH site at THIS LINK and complete the training course in protecting human research participants. Write an executive summary to the Chief/Sheriff/Warden concerning the protocols your team will follow as they relate to the key ethical issues of human subject research (minimum word count is 300 words).
- 4 years ago
- Leadership Profile
- paper on syrian refugee HEALTH CRISIS for receiving country.
- accounting 201
- Write a 350- to 700-word summary. Include the following in your summary: Discuss an event in which you had to make an...
- two papers for medical ethics and one paper for english
- Assignment Essay paper
- Car Buying
- CSIA PAPER