This week's topic: The Electromagnetic Spectrum
Step 1- watch the following:
- Watch the video “Video Tour of the Electromagnetic Spectrum” (5 min 3 sec) under the EM Spectrum terms section of the Science Corner. You can also view the video at http://missionscience.nasa.gov/ems/emsVideo_01intro.html.
- Watch the video "Visible Spectrum of Light" in the Instructor Insights section this week. You can also watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX2gUpYTPls
Step 2- Respond to the following:
- How much of the entire Electromagnetic Spectrum can we see with our eyes?
- Discuss why you think we evolved to see the specific wavelengths that we do. What is important about these wavelengths considering the planet we live on?
- Sunlight is critically important to the existence of life on Earth. Are ALL of the EM waves that the sun gives off "good"? What kinds are not?
- How are we protected from the "bad" light wavelengths?
Step 3- Independent research
Research and report uses for non-visible light waves . Select from the following: Microwaves, Radio Waves, Infra Red, Ultra Violet, X-Rays, Gamma Rays. How do we use these electromagnetic waves to help human society? Be sure to share a link to the article you select.
- 5 years ago
- What are the services provided by homecare? Are there financial benefits to using homecare services?
- HCS 483 Week 5 Team Assignment Electronic Health Records Proposal
- short answer
- a short response about what each of these topics mean and what their purposes are
- CJHS311-1501B-01 Study of Alcohol Use and Abuse Task Name: Phase 2 Discussion Board Deliverable Length: 4–6 paragraphs Details: Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Wednesday, responses due by Sunday Students will be expected to post thei
- Marketing by the Numbers: Man’s Furry Friends
- No Boundaries