1.Many cultural relativists believe that their view strongly supports the virtue of tolerance. They think that if we cannot say that any one culture's values are better or worse than any other's, then there is no basis for hate and hostility toward other cultures.
Lewis Vaughn, the author of your text, makes 3 points against this view on p. 149. In your own words, briefly explain each of his these 3 points against cultural relativism.
2.Lewis Vaughn, the author of your text, argues that subjective relativism and cultural relativism implies moral infallibility. Moral infallibility for the individual in the case of subjective relativism and moral infallibility for cultures in the case of cultural relativism.
Define moral infallibility. One might think it is good to be morally infallible. Explain why it would be a problem for these theories.
- strategic management
- 2.5 pages
- N Homework Project
- 09/04/2016 Ethics and Social Justice
- You are part of a fact finding panel for your state court system. The court has a concern over the methods in which persons who are mentally ill violent offenders are handled. You are charged with selecting a modern court case (past 30 years) in which a s
- Need assistance with PP presentation with Speak notes
- Review the information in the chapter about Six Sigma principles and Six Sigma organizations. Brainstorm ideas for a potential Six Sigma project that could improve quality on your campus, at your workplace, or in your community. Write a short 1-page paper
- 5 pages with references please no plagirazm