1. You're troubleshooting a clock issue within Windows: the system clock reports the correct time in
CMOS and if you boot off a boot disk, but within Windows, the clock is consistently off. The issue
appears even in Safe Mode. If software is eliminated, which chip could potentially be causing the issue?
2. You get an error message on a motherboard diagnostic program that indicates data isn't being transferred
correctly from the RAM to the CPU. Which bus is the error message indicating may be the problem?
A. I/O bus
B. Serial bus
C. Frontside bus
D. Backside bus
3. A client asks you about upgrading an old Pentium Pro machine that's still working as a file server. The
client put in what was then a server motherboard, so it has a number of memory slots. However, given that
it's a Pentium Pro machine, what's the maximum amount of RAM likely to be usable in the machine?
A. 4 GB
B. 1 GB
C. 2 GB
D. 3 GB
4. What type bus should you recommend to someone that needs to connect and disconnect various
peripherals to a system throughout the day without rebooting?
5. Patrick and Lee are discussing PCI-E cards. Patrick says that the PCI-E1.1 version boosted the available
wattage to expansion cards. Lee says that the PCI-E2 version doubled the signal frequency and the data
capacity. Who is correct?
A. Only Lee
D. Only Patrick
6. Jose and Shin Lee are discussing RAM. Jose says that SDRAM completes one cycle for every cycle of
the system clock. Shin Lee says that DDR SDRAM processing data on the up and down beats of every
clock cycle. Who is correct?
B. Only Shin Lee
D. Only Jose
7. Two technicians are discussing the speeds of various CPUs. Technician A says that the speed of a CPU
is measured in cycles per second. Technician B says that CPU speed is used as a method to express
computer performance. Which technician is correct?
A. Neither technician
B. Only Technician B
C. Only Technician A
D. Both technicians
8. A small handle located next to the chip should indicate to a technician that this is a/an _______ socket.
9. The characteristic of a system board that allows you to replace it with a newer version is called
B. form factor.
10. You're reading over some older system documentation while working on a legacy PC, and the
documentation makes reference to the mezzanine bus. Which bus is being referred to with this term?
A. Serial bus
B. PCI bus
C. AGP bus
D. Front side bus
11. Two technicians are discussing the operating temperature for an Intel CPU. Technician A says that the
maximum temperature is 200° F. Technician B says a cooling fan will keep the temperature near 100° F.
Which technician is correct?
B. Only Technician A
C. Only Technician B
12. The trend of data density, or transistors per square unit, on integrated circuits doubling roughly every
year to 18 months is known as what?
A. Murphy's Law
B. Occam's Razor
C. Gates' Theorem
D. Moore's Law
13. When the PC bus was developed for use with the original PC and the XT, what was the data path
width used by that bus?
14. What should be used to increase the speed of an existing CPU?
C. Dual voltage
D. Advanced transfer rate
15. How many bits are the i5 and i7 Core CPUs?
16. Which chip is associated with the startup BIOS?
17. Data is transmitted between the CPU and L2 cache over the
A. backside bus.
B. frontside bus.
C. L1 cache.
18. What type bus should you recommend to a client who wants a computer that has the flexibility to
End of exam
attach a variety of expansion boards?
19. When inventorying old equipment, you find a PC that was built in 1994. The computer is in a fulltower
case, with a large motherboard installed within that clearly can't be put into a slimline case from that
same era. What form factor is the motherboard most likely to be?
20. What type of socket or slot is needed on the system board to accept an AMD Athlon x2 CPU?
A. Super Socket 7
B. Slot 1
C. Socket 7
D. Socket AM2
- 6 years ago
- CHEM 4508-01 Exam 2 Detailed Solutions
- Exploratory Data Analysis Problem
- mgt150 workbook
- In this project you will perform the physical design
- ACC 291 Week 5 (Everything Included)
- Accounting Homework
- Discuss the pricing strategy used by your firm relative to your chief competitor
- Technologies es plus go, but man's desire for intertion with a woman never can
- Phillip and Claire Dunphy's 2012 federal income tax return.