paper on social securityebrown2430
Report #2 - The Social Security Game .Have you wondered if Social Security will be there when you retire? How often have you heard that Social Security is going broke? Unfortunately, it’s not just media hype. According to the Social Security Trustees’ Report, trust fund reserves will be exhausted by 2037. Without reform, Social Security’s future is inevitable. The question isn’t, “Does it need fixing?” Instead, the relevant question is, “How do we fix it?”
There are as many proposals for reform as there as political candidates and economists. This is your opportunity to enter into the debate. Under the Resources tab in the main menu of Blackboard, you will find a few links that will give you the perspectives of just a few people on how Social Security should be reformed. You may want to do some of your own research as well.
Once you’ve looked at some of the ideas for reform, it’s time to play the Social Security Game. Enter the link below in your Internet browser and develop your own proposal for reforming Social Security: http://www.actuary.org/socialsecurity/game.html. This game will allow you to explore options for Social Security reform and their impact on the program’s solvency – both the plusses and the minuses.
Based upon your research and the results of the Social Security Game, write a report that addresses how YOU solved the Social Security crisis. Your double-spaced report should address the following:
•What specific proposals in the Social Security Game did you choose to adopt? Why?
•What are the negatives of adopting each of these proposals?
•What specific proposals in the Social Security Game did you choose to reject? Why?
•Are there other areas of Social Security reform that the game did not address that you would incorporate into your plan? What are they?
Your assignment should be 3-4 pages long, double-spaced, using 12-point font- include references used.
must be in by deadline!
- 9 years ago
- what is the treatment called when the treatment of an injury by massage is?
- Como esta la Sra. Vazquez?
- As the inheritor of two distinct and contrasting traditions-Jewish and Greek- early Christianity struggled to assimilate two ostensibly incompatible approaches...
- what property of mutiplicationy is ?8x7
- study this function : g(x) = x - 1 - ln(x)
- how to draw an atomic structure of bismuth
- Name at least two fascist countries in Europe; name one communist country in Europe
- A circle is cut out of a piece of plywood that is 10in. square. The scraps are thrown away. A....
- In a lab titled "Natural Selection Within a Species," we measured hte lengths of peanut shells and counted how many...
- on average,a family of 4 in thailand eats about 182 gallons per year about how many copy-paper cartons will you...
Have you wondered if Social Security will be there when you retire? How often have you heard that Social Security is going broke? Unfortunately, it’s not just media hype. …3 years ago