Homework 1 emphasizes using social networks such as Facebook. In this homework, you will:
- create (if you don’t already have one) and use a Facebook account to interact with friends.
Note: For these activities within Facebook, you are welcome to include your professor and other students in the class. However, you do not have to. You are welcome to just use your known friends.
- Specific activities for this homework include:
- If needed, create your Facebook account.
- Login and personalize your account with a picture and provide other education, sports, interests and activities as desired.
- Find and friend someone in Facebook. (You can always defriend them later.)
- Try to find a childhood, school friend or co-worker in Facebook.
- Post on the walls of 2 of your friends in Facebook.
- Read your News Feed in Facebook. “Like” a friends status update if you want to.
- Chat with a friend through Facebook.
- Create and manage a photo album in Facebook.
- Configure and customize your privacy settings in Facebook.
- Prepare a well-written paper no more than 2–5 pages in length and cover the process of setting up the account, issues you encountered, privacy settings, and how you envision using this account in the future. Be sure to show a screen capture of your current news feed, and discuss your reasoning behind your current privacy settings. Discuss any personal or computer security issues you have with using Facebook or other social networking sites.
Your completed assignment should be saved as a Word document and submitted to your LEO assignments area no later than the due date listed in the syllabus. Your document should be neat, well-written with minimal grammatical and spelling errors. Your name should be clearly listed on the first page along with the class/section, professor and due date. Your document should contain page numbers at the bottom of each page. Single or double space line formatting is acceptable.
You should name the file yournamehw1.docx (or yournamehw1.doc). So if my name was Julie Smith, I would name my document juliesmithhw1.docx.
Your name should be clearly listed on the first page along with the class/section, professor and due date. Your document should contain page numbers at the bottom of each page. Single or double space line formatting is acceptable. All references used for your report should be included in APA style format.