Econ 2202 – Research Assignment #2 (100 points total)
OPTION 1: Extending the tax cuts or not?
One of the most controversial political issues currently is the budget andwhether or not the tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003 should continue to be extended. Just last December, as they were set to expire, Congress passed legislation extending these tax cuts again until 2012. Some feel that these tax cuts should be extended for everyone, including the high-income earners. Some feel that the tax cuts should be extended, but only for the lower and middle-income earners. Some even feel that Congress shouldlet the tax cuts expire for everyone. This assignment will have you explore this controversy in greater detail, conduct some further research, and come to your own conclusions about what should be done.
Primary Sources/Background information. Please read the two reports: titled “Extending Tax Cuts” and “Extending Tax Cuts Follow-Up” published by Facts on File: Issues and Controversiesand issued on October 18, 2010 and December 15, 2010. You can find these reports in the ‘Issues and Controversies’ database via the COD library website. (Go to the COD library website athttp://www.cod.edu/library/ , click on Databases, then click onCurrent Events, then scroll down and click on Issues and Controversies. In the search box, please type in Extending Tax Cuts. You should then see the links to these two reports. NOTE: You must have a valid College of DuPage library card to access the electronic indexes and databases from off-campus.
FYI, for additional background information, facts, and figures, an excellent, non-partisan website is the Tax Policy Center. You can link directly to analysis of this issue by using the following link: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/Expiration_Bush_Tax_Cuts.cfm andhttp://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/Compromise_Agreement_Taxes.cfm
What to include in your write-up of this assignment:
- 8 years ago
- Write the equation in vertex form and identify, axis of symmetry and direction of opening for y=-6x^2-24x-25
- Economics HW
- Search and Sell : In today's vitual environment, marketing a brand is even more competitive than ever, search engine marketing is necessary to help create brand awarness in the vitual market place. One concept known as Search Engine Marketing helps increa
- i need to set a goal for a financial planning procees and then analyze the information then create a plan...
- How does a person’s perception of a good as a necessity or a luxury affect his or her purchase of...
- Dr. Diaz is a researcher studying emotions. Specifically, Diaz is interested in the behavioral expression of emotions. Her research program...
- What factors led to Europe's increased exploration and to the discovery of the New World?
- Slim & Lund Corporations (Bonds and warranties) !
- what did marco polo do ?
- NOT RATED
Econ 2202–ResearchAssignment #2(100 points total)
OPTION 1:Extendingthe tax cuts or not?
One of the mostcontroversial political issues …4 years ago