Affirmative Action is a controversial issue and many people discuss it without knowing much about what it is and how well it has or hasn’t worked. Prepare a 4- to 6-page paper in which you answer the following questions relying on academic, peer-reviewed journals, which may include law journals, being sure to use APA style for your in-text citations and references list. You should have at least two different references for each question. The same reference may be used to provide supporting evidence for more than one question, if the content is relevant. Remember to clearly address the content of every question presented below.
- What is a current, legal definition of “Affirmative Action?”
- Has any group or groups in particular benefitted from Affirmative Action hiring policies and practices? If so, which group or groups are they? Has any group been disadvantaged by Affirmative Action hiring policies and practices? If so, which group or groups have been?
- How does it relate to hiring in the public sector? In particular, what is currently allowed and not allowed in terms of hiring policies and practices?
- What is currently required of public sector organizations either at the federal level, or in your particular state or city, in terms of Affirmative Action policies?
- 4 years ago
- Grafa Mymaths
- What are the state and local laws between 1976-1965 that ensured racial segregation?
- Office Technologies
- IT205 Programming Languages
- math lab
- What problems can result from cutting corners to save time or money in the staffing process?
- Farha Co. purchases a machine for $11,500, terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point. the seller prepaid the $260 freight charges,...
- help for u
- What doesn't occur to us, though, is that schools and colleges might be at fault for missing the opportunity...
- NOT RATED
Assignment 2: Affirmative Action: An Update
Affirmative Action is a controversial issue and many people discuss it without knowing much about what it is and how well it has or hasn’t worked. …4 years ago