Resource: Appendix B
Review pp. 504–518 inCh. 20 & Ch. 21 of A World of Art
View the Neoclassic piece The Emperor Napoleon in His Study at the Tuileries byJacques Louis David, on theNational Gallery of Art website, located in Appendix B. To access the piece, do the following:
· Type The Emperor Napoleon in His Study at the Tuileries into the Search This Site box.
· Click The Emperor Napoleon in His Study at the Tuileries.
View the Impressionist piece The Luncheon of the Boating Party by Pierre-AugusteRenoir, on the Phillips Collectionwebsite, located in Appendix B. To access the piece, do the following:
· Click the link to go to the Phillips Collection home page.
· Select Collection.
· Click Luncheon of the Boating Party from the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen.
View the Abstract Expressionist piece Autumn Rhythm (Number 30) by Jackson Pollock, on the Metropolitan Museum of Art website, located in Appendix B. To access the piece, do the following:
· Clickthe link to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art home page.
· Select Works of Art.
· Type Autumn Rhythm in the Search box, and select the first item that comes up.
· You may also find the following helpful:
o The Works in Progress explanation of Pollock on pp. 134–135 in Ch. 7 of A World of Art
o MyArtsLab - The Closer Look at Pollock’s Autumn Rhythm under Ch. 7
o MyArtsLab - The video link of Jackson Pollock at Work under Ch. 7
Write a 500- to 700-word summary that compares and contrastsNeoclassicism, Impressionism, and Abstract Expressionism. Use the selected artwork as your examples. Include the following in your discussion:
· How each style reflects its era and the culture
· Discussion of painting techniques
· Formal elements
Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines. A works cited page is required. Certificate of Originality is required.
Art 101 week 5 Paiting Style
body preview (4 words)
Art xxxxx week x Paiting Style
file1.docx preview (803 words)
Since xxx dawn xx man, art xxx been a xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxx xxx communication. xxxxx xxx has x different xxxxx in xxxxx xxx xx brought xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx these eras, xxxxxxx xxxx all xxxx the world have xxxxxxx art through xxxxxxxxx xx every xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx Many xx these xxxx gave xxxxxxx x xxx xxx xx looking xx art three of which are; xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and Abstract xxxxxxxxxxxxxx As the world xxxxxxxx these xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxx different walks xx xxxx and xxxxx xx xxxxx they were painted.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx was x xxxxxxxxxx xx Greek xxx Roman values and tradition xx seen by the xxxxxx of xxxx era xxx xxxxxxxx Virtue xxx xxxxx xxxx the xxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx in xxx art of xxx Neoclassicism era. xx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx’x painting The Oath xx xxx Horatii, the drastic and deliberate xxxxx of the stances xxx xxxxxxxx of xxx xxx xxxxxxxxx are a xxxxx indication of the xxxxxxxxxx style. xxxxxxx
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it