ORIGINAL WORK ONLYlatsha7
Monarch Associates, a U.S. computer parts manufacturer, entered into a joint venture with a Russian computer technology company, Vladir Unlimited. The joint venture agreement was signed by both parties but created by Vladir and had an arbitration clause that called for all legal and nonlegal disputes, to be arbitrated in Russia. Vladir could also choose arbitrators from a panel maintained by the Russia Arbitration Institution. The panel members live in Russia.
Monarch now contends that a legal dispute with Vladir should be handled in the United States. Vladir insists that the dispute should be handled in Russia.
Using your textbook, and the Internet, research international law and its application to companies such as these. Write a five-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc.
Respond to the following questions in your essay:
- What laws govern arbitration in the U.S.? In Russia?
- In your opinion, in which country should the dispute be handled?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages for Monarch Associates under the arbitration arrangement?
- If you were Monarch Associates’ in-house counsel, what advice would you give them on negotiating future joint ventures with Russian businesses?
- What other considerations should Monarch Associates keep in mind in the formation of any future contracts with foreign companies?
- 7 years ago
- How many ways can you choose 2 hamsters out of a group of 4 hamsters?
- the sum of two integers is -3 the diffrence of thesame two integers is -13 what are the integers
- FIN 305 Exam 1 Take-Home Questions.
- WHO WAS THE FIRST PRISIDENT OF AMERICA
- savannah has 19 different colored barrettes. she loans her younger sister 3 barrettes. how many barrettes does savannah have left?...
- how do i compare the u.s.bill of rights and texas bill of rights on a t-chart
- Graph and establish orientation for the curve determined by the equations: x = cos(t 2 ) + 1 and y...
- Write and graph an equation for traveling X miles in a cab that costs forty cents plus fifteen cents per...
- A tree trunk is buried in sediments. Minerals slowly take the place of the materials that formed the tree trunk....
- Two ships leave port at the same time. Ship A sails north at a speed of 30 mph while ship...
- NOT RATED
Monarch Associates, a U.S. computer parts manufacturer, entered into a joint venture with a Russian computer technology company, Vladir Unlimited. The joint venture agreement was signed by both …7 years ago