ok this is due in 16hrs...if u cant say nogabiel22
Topic:- slavery did not help the civilization of africans
rules and guidline below
Students must write a position paper focusing on a controversial and/or important topic related to American history to the Civil War. The paper should be between 3-5 pages (double-spaced; 12-font) and should include the following:
1) A clear statement of your position on the chosen topic.
Example: “I believe that stem research is wrong….”
2) At least four strong logical arguments/facts supporting your position.
Example: “…I based my position on four factors. The first is that …. The second is that….
3) Identification and notation of at least three sources in the narrative of your paper.
Example: “In her important work, the Isis Papers, Frances Cress Welsing contended that…
4) Clear references (either endnotes or contextual citations) for all information or data that is not considered public knowledge.
5) A clear and concise introduction and conclusion.
Example [Introduction]: “In the past few decades, we have witnessed a growing interest in the efforts of Nat Turner and other revolutionaries to use force to end slavery in the U.S. The tactics of these revolutionaries have fostered a debate on the use of force as an instrument for social change. I contend that force was needed to end slavery in the U.S. and that violence played an important role in ending slavery prior to the Civil War…”
6) Logical and reasonable arguments and discussion.
Notes: Organize your arguments from strongest to weakest; cite examples that support your points and demonstrate depth in your reasoning.
7) Utilization of at least six sources. (3 must be books and/or articles; the others can be
Notes: The position paper is a much a research project as it is a personal view. You must utilize the research of others to support and augment your position. There are no exceptions to the rule.
8) Listings of complete citations of all book, articles and other sources consulted.
Notes: List your sources at the end of your paper in either an established format (Turabian, APA…) or in a format that you develop. Be sure to include all vital reference information so that your reader can easily locate the source.
The Position Paper will be evaluated based on the following: (1) grammar; (2) organization; (3) content of the presentation and the extent to which you followed instructions and guidelines outlined above. Each of these areas will be worth 33.3%.
The Position Paper cannot exceed 5 (five) pages!!! No exceptions to this rule!
- 6 years ago
- FIN 200 Week 2 DQ 2
- BIS homework
- E270 HW 7 Problems
- 2 ASAP
- Entrepreneurship work
- Information Gathering
- HR Homework. Write a essay about two and half page need following APA style.
- Bus308 Statistics for Managers
- Write a paper that contrasts the common myths of the American Frontier from the historical realities. Choose one group who...
- Stock Assignment
History/3pages/APA References/Well-Researched/Jounal Articles and Books/10% Plagiarism/ due in 5days
“African societies during the American slavery era were more advanced than European societies of that era”. (Arguing for this position)
Students must write …3 years ago
Write an Essay to support the notion that "African societies during the slavery era were more advanced than European societies of that era”
Students must write a position paper focusing …2 years ago
…4 months ago
- NOT RATED
Students must write a position paper focusing on a controversial and/or important topic related to the history of Africans in the U.S. The paper should be between 3-5 pages …5 years ago