One paragraph per question
1. Ever since the introduction of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) refusal of payment for hospital-acquired poor outcomes, nursing has gained visibility because these outcomes are nurse sensitive. Locate an article or website that refers to these nurse-sensitive outcomes and describe its findings.
2. The repeated sound of an alarm can be annoying to the patient, family, and staff. This can lead to someone shutting off the alarm. Give an example of an ethical or legal issue that may arise if a patient has a poor outcome or sentinel event because an alarm was turned off. What do the data show about the value of alarms in general? Is alarm fatigue an issue?
3. Select three of the best qualities of nursing education in different types of programs (ADN, diploma, and BSN) over the years. Using these lessons from history, how would you incorporate these qualities into a superior nursing education program for the future?
Think about the diploma schools that prepared many great RNs in the mid- to late-20th century. What were the advantages and disadvantages of this system of nursing education? Which of their great qualities were carried forward into the school you attended? Which qualities were lost?
- BSHS 345 Week 4 -- Interview Matrix
- Virtual Time Capsule
- POS 371 Week 5 Assignment Pseudocode
- POS 371 Week 2 DQs and Summaries
- OI 361 Week 5 Final Ind. Assignment Organizational Transformation Q&A
- MGT 230 Week 1 Individual Assignment Decision-Making Process Paper
- ACC 544 Week 2 DQs
- SOC 313 Week 4 DQs
- ACC 291 Week 4 Practice Qu-iz