nurs 6551 week 7 discussionziyeyixsy
Discussion: Care Plans for Pregnancy
After confirming and dating a pregnancy, you must collaborate with patients to develop a personalized care plan. These pregnancy care plans are integral to prenatal care as they help to ensure the mother and child’s well-being throughout the entire pregnancy. Pregnancy can be a wonderful, yet difficult time for women as a woman’s body goes through many physical, mental, and emotional changes that might be challenging or even overwhelming for some. Whether or not these women share their concerns, as the advanced practice nurse, you must routinely watch for signs and symptoms of any developing physical or mental health issues. By collaborating with patients and discussing concerns, you can modify care plans and often address potential issues before they become a significant health problem. For this Discussion, consider pregnancy care plans for the women in the following case studies:
Case Study 1:
On 1-15-13, you are seeing a 25-year-old Caucasian female in the clinic because she believes she’s pregnant. Her LMP was 12-1-12. Her home pregnancy test was positive, and she has been having nausea and breast tenderness.
Case Study 2:
You are seeing a 28-year-old African American female, G6 P 3115, who is currently on oral combined hormonal contraception. She’s here because she and her partner would like to have another child. She heard “it takes a while to become pregnant after being on the Pill,” so she discontinued them three months ago. They haven’t been using any contraception since then. Upon questioning, she states that on the Pill, sometimes her menstrual periods are very light and once she didn’t have one at all. Her urine pregnancy test in the clinic is positive. Her LMP was 7-14-12. You are seeing her on 12-3-12.
· Review Chapter 7 of the Schuiling and Likis text and Chapter 2 of the Tharpe et al. text.
· Review and select one of the two provided case studies. Analyze the patient information.
· Consider how to date the pregnancy and estimate the date of delivery for the patient in the case study you selected.
· Based on the dating of the pregnancy, reflect on the appropriate clinical guidelines for procedures and screenings. Think about the implications of any missed procedures or screenings.
· Determine a plan of care for the patient. Identify procedures, screenings, diagnostic testing, pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments (if appropriate), management strategies, and patient education.
By Day 3
Post at least 250 words (no introduction or conclusion)
1. the estimated date of delivery for the patient in the case study you selected.
2. Include an explanation of how you dated a pregnancy
3. and which of the patient’s factors led to your estimated date of delivery.
4. Then, based on the dating of the patient’s pregnancy, explain the appropriate clinical guidelines for procedures and screenings.
5. Explain implications of any missed procedures and/or screenings.
6. Finally, explain a plan of care for the patient, including procedures, screenings, diagnostic testing, pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments, management strategies, and patient education.
- 4 years ago
- Assignment : Goal Write-Up
- Financial Portfolio Analysis- Dissertation assignment
- The concept of âaffordancesâ offers all but one of the following to writers in the research process
- Provide an example of an application for Euler and Hamilton circuits that is not mentioned in your textbook. Provide a rationale with your response.
- Final Paper
- Explain the elements of project management and their importance in operations management.
- HCS/490: Health Care Consumer Trends And Marketing
- WEEK 5 OLGA TOVAR
- The managers at Reynolds Inc., a manufacturer of industrial scales and laboratory equipment, want to investigate the relationship between length of employment of their salespeople and the number of electronic laboratory scales sold.
- Statistics and Algebra
Discussion: Care Plans for Pregnancy
After confirming and dating a pregnancy, you must collaborate with patients to develop a personalized care plan. These pregnancy care plans are integral to …4 years ago
- NOT RATEDa year ago
- NOT RATED
Discussion: Care Plans for PregnancAfter confirming and dating a pregnancy, you must collaborate with patients to develop a personalized care plan. These pregnancy care plans are …3 years ago