Nonprofit Analysis Project
Nonprofit Analysis Project Instructions
This assignment must be completed in strict, current APA format and include a cover page, reference page, and be double-spaced throughout.
1. Part 1 Short Essay – The first step to gathering information for this project is to review the information found on Christian Worldview, a Focus on the Family website. Take some time to reflect upon the reading and give your thoughts concerning a Christian worldview in a short essay. Consider asking yourself how important is a Christian worldview? Is it a main factor in running a nonprofit organization? What are some potential positive or negative effects of basing nonprofit management on a Christian worldview? Part 1 must be a minimum of 1–2 full pages.
2. Part 2 – Select 10 organizations from http://www.nonprofitlist.org/ and then write a 250-word description for each of the selected organizations. Also, explain how these organizations demonstrate the 6 characteristics defined in chapter 3 of the Worth text. You will need to select at least two Christian organizations, and reflectively answer these questions: From what you have read about Christian worldviews, does it seem obvious that the organization is based upon Christian principles? Are there any distinctive marks of Christianity in the vision, mission, purpose, and goals of the organization? Part 2 must be a minimum of 5–6 full pages.
3. Part 3 – Select one of the 10 organizations in Part 2 to perform an in-depth evaluation/assessment of 1 organization. Identify the vision, mission, and purpose of this organization. Select 5–7 key concepts (i.e. volunteerism, governing board responsibilities) from your course Reading & Study material that are of most interest to you and apply it to the selected organization. Does the organization look as though it is successful in accomplishing its purpose in the light of what you have learned thus far? If it is, what are some of the contributing factors to the organization’s success? From the information that you can gather, identify strategic issues. Part 3 must be a minimum of 5 full pages.
4. Part 4 – Now that you have completed your assessment of the organization of choice, provide a list of 8 recommendations that you think would be of benefit to the organization. Your recommendations must be well-supported using the course Reading & Study material as well as other credible resources (a minimum of 3 sources).
Write a professional letter introducing yourself to the organization you have been evaluating. Inform them of this course and the analysis you had to perform, and provide them with the list of recommendations that you hope will be of benefit to them. Part 4 must be a minimum of 5 full pages.
This assignment is due by 1400 (ET) on Friday, 4 July 2014 of Module/Week 8.
- The vertices of a square are (-5, -4), (-2, -8), (1, -4), and (-2, 0). What is the area of...
- POS 421 - Week 5 -- DQ 2
- POS 421 - Week 3 -- DQ 1
- OI 361 Week 2 Team Assignment; Benefits & Drivers Proposal
- HSM 230 Week 8, Checkpoint, Ethics Audit Questions
- BIO 101 Week 4 Organism Physiology Paper
- AED 201 week 7 CheckPoint appendix d Technology Use Timeline
- Theoretical Value Stream Map
- ACC 291 Week 4 Reflection
- Homework Assignment 4 (HW4) - Nested Loops