Nike Company wants to develop a cost formula for its maintenance costs to estimate such costs for the coming year....Niuwally
Nike Company wants to develop a cost formula for its maintenance costs to estimate such costs for the coming year. The following data are available: Month Direct Labor Hours Maintenance Costs Incurred January 4,000 $ 900 February 6,500 1,325 March 7,000 1,500 April 5,500 1,150 Using the high-low method, what is the cost formula for maintenance costs? a. $500 + $1.00 per direct labor hour b. $300 + $1.50 per direct labor hour c. $100 + $0.20 per direct labor hour d. $200 + $0.10 per direct labor hour 3. If sales are $80,000, variable costs are $50,000, and fixed costs are $20,000, the contribution margin ratio is a. 37.5% b. 12.5% c. 62.5% d. 25.0% 4. At the breakeven point a. Sales will be equal to variable costs plus target profit b. Sales will be equal to variable costs plus fixed costs c. Sales will be equal to fixed costs plus target profit d. Fixed costs will be equal to variable costs 5. An increase in the breakeven point can be caused by: a. an increase in desired profit. b. an increase in selling price per unit. c. an increase in variable cost per unit. d. a decrease in total fixed cost. EXTRA CREDIT (Worth 2 points) 4. Acme, Inc. manufactures pencils which sell for $7.50 each. Acme expects to sell 82,000 pencils next quarter. At this level of sales, variable expenses will total $184,500 and fixed expenses will total $242,130. How many pencils will Acme have to sell next quarter to breakeven? Hint: First determine the VC per unit. a. 32,284 pencils. b. 46,120 pencils. c. 56,884 pencils. d. 345,900 pencils.
- 9 years ago
- x^2-14+9=0, what is x?
- Teenage pregnancy rates were higher in the 1950s than they are today? True or False?
- Can anyone do criminal justice homework?
- Pattern of parallels and meridians used to give exact locations on globe?
- give two advantages to the gardener of producing geraniums from cutting rather than from seeds
- central asia define
- what is 2a(a+3)
- Which of the following were major themes/subjects of Romantic artists? a. landscapes and depictions of nature. b. Madonnas and...
- find the height of an equilateral triangular pyramid with side length 2 cm
- why wouldn't political divisions for 185 B.C define the Hellenistic world as a single religion?