NEXT ASSIGNMENT: ACADEMIC ESSAYS PRO ONLY
For this week’s assignment, you will be analyzing the website of a service based travel company, as well as the website of a specific resort, and applying the concepts and theories discussed in the readings. There is no set word count or page requirement; however 3 – 5 pages of content should be adequate to answer each question using relevant resources to support your conclusions.
The essay should be in APA format, 6th edition, with a title page, in-text citations and a reference page. An abstract is not required and should not be included.
Rewrite each question as a section header and answer each question completely, using relevant resources to support our conclusions.
Instructions: Class, for this assignment use www.resortsandlodges.com, click on the resorts and lodges tab, scroll down to the section with the world map and look for resort type and accommodation type. Click on the resort type and then click on Island Resorts (you may have to click on “show more”). Choose one of the featured Island Resorts and go to their site to complete this assignment. Please include the URL to the site in your resource section, cited in proper APA format.
1. Does the resort segment the market by offering pages for a specific market segment? What market segment(s) is the resort targeting, if any?
2. What does the web site do to make the product tangible for the customer? Explain how the site provides tangible evidence relating to the experience a visitor to the resort can expect?
3. Find and critique the mission statement for the resort. Be sure to use the guidelines for mission statements located in Chapter 3 of your text.
4. Is this resort using ecotourism to attract visitors? If so provide examples.
5. What generation(s) does this resort target? Provide examples of what the resort uses to target the generation(s) that you chose.
You may need to use additional resources to obtain the answers to all the questions.
The essay should be in APA format, 6th edition, with a title page, in-text citations and a reference page. An abstract is not required and should not be included. Times New Roman font, 12 point.
Refer to the grading rubric for specific expectations and guidelines.
Once the assignment has been submitted, turnitin.com will automatically generate a similarity report. You should be aiming for a similarity score of less than 20%, excluding the reference page. This means that 80% or more of the content of your paper is written using your own original content.
For this week’s assignment, you will be analyzing the website of a service based travel company, as well as the website of a specific resort, and applying the concepts and theories discussed …