Netflix: DVD-by-Mail or Online Streaming?
(Please open the attached file to read the whole case and answer the following questions)
1. What is the right mix of investment and strategic focus for Netflix when allocating fixed resources to either the legacy DVD-by-mail business or the relatively more trendy online streaming business? Possible answers include: Focus ex-clusively on the DVD-by-mail busi-ness, focus exclusively on the online streaming business, or specify a per-centage of investment into each of the two businesses.
2. Recommend whether Brooks should buy more, sell, or continue to hold Netflix stock? Possible answers include: Sell your full holding immediately, sell a por-tion of your holding now and wait until the end of the year to decide whether or not to sell the rest, continue to hold the same amount as be-fore, or invest even more heavily in the company.
3. Analyze trends in both the history of Netflix stock performance and growth rates in subscriber counts.
4. Evaluate the revenue and expense streams for Netflix, and any interaction between these two measures, in the context of the recent shift in cor-porate strategy.
5. Perform a prospective FCF-based valuation analysis. Do you agree with the strategy of Netflix to split the company’s business into two separate segments?
6. Discuss whether the overall company level estimate for ‘cost of capital’ will vary from the estimates for each of the two business types separately.
7. What motivated Netflix to split its business into Qwikster for DVDs and Netflix for streaming?
8. Discuss how Netflix might improve the processes of both communicating key product changes to consumers, and/or networking with cable TV channels, TV providers, and Holly-wood studios.
9. Assess the impact of key competitors on the future outlook of Netflix, and the changing cost structure of these companies when paying for up-grades in the quality and quantity of content offered online.
10. What other qualitative issues may have a substantial impact on the fu-ture viability of Netflix and both the DVD and streaming access models?
body preview (18 words)
Please xxxx xxxxxxxx the xxxxxxxxx xxxx free xx xxxxx xx excellent xxxxxxxxx Thank xxx & best of luck!
file1.docx preview (509 words)
1 The rigth xxxxxxxxxx xxx and xxxxxxxxx focus that netfix xxx use xx the xxxxxxxxx xx xxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx xx xxxxxxx and more xx x share equally the xxxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxx xxx two xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx as xx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxx of total xxxx xx xxxxxxxx xx xxx xxx that proliferation xx xxx technologies has created xxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx filled with xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx opportunities . 2 as we can see xxxx trhe case study xxxx the xxxxxx in xxxxxxx was xxxxxxx xxx due to first changing xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx adopt xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxx it xx imminent xxxx the business xx fail xx x xxxxxxxxx that it sells x xxxxxxx of its holdings xx it xxxxx xx follow xxx technological trend xxx invest xx new xxxxxxxx x xxxxx the xxx management xx xxxxx the businness xxxxxx and xxx xxxxxxxx really xxxxxxxx x As the xxxx xxxx xxx Netflix xxxxxxxxxx it xxxxxxxxx to xxxxx $77 million or more x which made xx one of the best xxxxxxxxxx stocks xxxx xxx xxxxx xxxxx management. xx this case The xxxxxxx s
- - -
more text follows
- - -
Try it before you buy it
Check plagiarism for $2.00