need by Monday need a A on discussionkenyalew2324
Review materials under the topic “Researching Tips”
When considering the career goal you identified in Module 1, it is helpful to know where to go to find current information about that career. For this assignment, you will:
- Search the Internet to find the salary range for someone on your chosen career path in the area where you plan to live and work.
- You will also search the Argosy University Online Library for a journal, or any other periodical, that can help you keep up with the trends in your chosen career.
- Explore the Argosy University Center Platform, develop a profile, and complete the Holland Interest Assessment to assess how well your career path matches your interests.
Part I. Internet Search
For your Internet search, you can consider visiting the following links to appropriate websites for information on:
Write a one-page Microsoft Word document describing your findings from your Internet research using the following guidelines:
- Using your Internet browser, do a keyword search using terms that will help you determine the salary range in your chosen career in your region. For example: paralegal salary ranges in PA
- Identify the URL of the website(s) providing relevant information.
- Describe why you think this is a reliable website. Click here for a checklist about what makes a credible website.
- Explain whether the salary information is consistent with the career goal you have set.
- Describe whether you can envision being satisfied with this level of salary in your chosen career. What factors may affect your satisfaction, including cost of living in your state, size of your family, debt obligations, housing costs, etc...
- List two or three other questions or concerns you still have about your chosen career.
- Create a separate reference page, cite the author, date of publication, and the URL where you found the information. Here is an example of a citation for a website.
Gladly, C. (2012, January 4) Earnings have increased for college graduates over the past 20 years! Retrieved from http://www.highered.com/salaries
Part II. Library Research
Write a one-page Microsoft Word document describing your library research using the following guidelines:
- Access the Online Library.
- Identify the name of at least one journal that provides articles relevant to your chosen career path.
- Describe an article in this journal that contains information you find interesting and explain why you find it interesting.
- Explain how this information may relate to your career goals or help in the future.
- After reading this article, describe a question or topic you wish the article had pursued further.
- On your separate reference page, cite the author, date of publication, article title, publication, volume, and the URL where you found the information. For example:
Author, I. (2013). Three easy steps to becoming a rocket scientist.
Journal of reliable career information, 66(13), 5–7. Retrieved from
Part III. The Career Platform and The Holland Interest Assessment
For this part of the assignment, you need to follow the link below to Argosy's online Career Platform. There you will set up your own profile, and complete an interest inventory to explore your areas of interest. Areas of interest are those activities and goals that we find more interesting and satisfying. You will then answer the questions below about the results of your interest inventory.
To Assess the Argosy Career Platform and complete the Holland Interest Assessment:
- Go to http://elearning.thecareerplatform.com/argosy/home.
- Click on "Student Sign In"
- Follow the prompts to register by clicking on either "Sign in with LinkedIn" (if you already have a LinkedIn account) OR "Create a New Account".
- If you click on "Create a New Account", you will immediately receive an email with a link to return to the Career Platform. Check your e-mail and follow the link.
- You will then be directed to complete your profile.
As soon as you complete and SAVE your profile, you will be taken back to the Home Page of the Career Platform. You will see a large green button that says "To complete ASP100 Assignment, Click Here". Click the button and follow the prompts to complete the assessment which takes about 5-10 minutes. As soon as you are finished, your results will appear on the screen. Review your results.
At this point, you can return to your assignment and write your response to the following questions:
- What did you learn about your interests after completing the Holland Interest Assessment?
- Which occupations were recommended to you, based on your results?
- Were you surprised by your results? Do you agree with the results?
Provide your response in a one-page Microsoft Word document.
Submitting Your Assignment
Collate your findings from Part I, Part II, and Part III into a single Microsoft Word document and include a separate page for your title page and references. You are encouraged to use the M5A2 Template provided below to help you organize your assignment.
- Use this M5A2 Template to help format your assignment and save it as Lastname_Firstinitial_M5_A2.doc.
- Your assignment should include:
- The following M5A2 Template can help you with formatting your assignment.
Submit your document to the M5 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday,
- 5 years ago
- Assignment Grading
- My math lab Precalculus Home work assignments
- LEG 500 Assignment 4 – Legal and Ethical Considerations in Marketing, Product Safety, and Intellectual Property
- financial assignment
- HSM 340 WEEK 5 CAPITAL BUDGETING PROCESS
- CIS 510 Week 2 Assignment 1 – Application and Technology Architectures
- Economics of Education
- You have been asked to assist your organization's marketing department to better understand how consumers make economic decisions
- ASSIGNMENT 4.1
- week 1 PhI208
- NOT RATED
Review materials under the topic “Researching Tips”
When considering the career goal you identified in Module 1, it is helpful to know where to go to find current information about that career. For …5 years ago