- Field: Business & Finance
"Variation and Statistical Thinking Strategy" Please respond to the following:
Note: Online students, please select one of the two subjects to discuss.
- Compare and contrast the fundamental differences between special-cause variation and common-cause variation. Provide one (1) business process example of each variation to support your response.
- Select one (1) project from the working or educational environment of your choice and specify the variation nature of the project in question. Next, propose the overall manner in which you would apply statistical thinking strategy to improve the end result of the selected project. Provide a rationale to support your response.
Homework Assignment 2
Due in Week 2 and worth 30 points
Answer the following questions in the space provided below:
Explain the importance of variation to health-care organizations and answer the following questions.
- What might be the key processes for health-care organizations?
- What are the potential common causes of variation that would have an impact on the key processes of health-care organizations?
- What special causes might be more important than the others?
- How might health-care organizations’ business environment be dynamic and change over time?