Need help with finance homwork
- Seattle Health Plans currently use zero-dept financing. Its operating income (EBIT) IS $1 million, and it pays taxes at a 40 percent rate. It has $5 million in assets and because it is all equity financed $5 million in equity. Suppose the firm is considering replacing half of its equity financing with debt financing bearing an interest rate of 8 percent.
- What impact would the new capital structure have on the firm’s net income, total dollar return to investor, and ROE?
- Redo the analysis but now assume that the debt financing would cost 15 percent
- Return to the initial 8 percent interest rate. Now assume the EBIT could be as low as $500,000 (with a probability of 20 percent) or as high as $1.5 million (with a probability of 20 percent). There remains a 60 percent chance that EBIT would be $1 million. Redo the analysis for each level EBIT and find the expected values of the firms not income, total dollar return to investor s and ROE. What lesson about capital structure and risk does this illustration provide?
- Repeat the analysis required for Part a but now assume that Settle Health Plans is a non-for-profit corporation and pays no taxes. Compare the result with those obtained in Part a.
- Calculate the after tax cost of debt for the Wallace Clinic, a for- profit healthcare provider, assuming that the coupon rate set on its debt is 11 percent and its tax rate is
- 0 percent
- 20 percent
- 40 percent
- St. Vincent Hospital has a target capital structure of 35 percent debt and 65 percent equity. Its cost of equity (fund capital) estimate is 13.5 percent and its cost of tax-exempt debt estimate is 7 percent. What is the hospital corporate cost of capital?
- Richmond Clinic has obtained the following estimate for its costs of debt and equity at various capital structure:
Percent Debt After Tax Cost of Debt Cost of Equity
20 6.6% 17
40 7.8 19
60 10.2 22
80 14.0 27
What is the firm’s optimal capital structure? (Hint: calculate its corporate cost of capital at each structure. Also note that data on component cost at alternative capital structure are not reliable in real world situations.
- The Great Plains: Where are contained the Great Plains? Why was this area not popular for living?
- sales and advertising problem
- A circle is cut out of a piece of plywood that is 10in. square. The scraps are thrown away. A....
- Pattern of parallels and meridians used to give exact locations on globe?
- How to add, subtract, divide, or multiply variables.
- E12-3 – Classification Issues – Intangible Asset – Joni Hyde Inc. has the following amounts included in its general ledger...
- Write down sign rules for add., subt., mult., and division on an A4 size paper.
- Construct a B-tree for the file on 9 cylinders of the disk. The highest key values on the 9 cvlinders are: cylinder 1:1234 cylinder 2: 2345 cylinder 3: 3456 cylinder 4: 4567 cylinder 5: 5678 cylinder 6: 6789 cylinder 7: 7890 cylinder 8: 8991 cylinder 9:
- A man wants to get his work building, but he almost forgot his code. He only remembers five clues. These...
- why did stock market crash?