Need help with finance homwork
- Seattle Health Plans currently use zero-dept financing. Its operating income (EBIT) IS $1 million, and it pays taxes at a 40 percent rate. It has $5 million in assets and because it is all equity financed $5 million in equity. Suppose the firm is considering replacing half of its equity financing with debt financing bearing an interest rate of 8 percent.
- What impact would the new capital structure have on the firm’s net income, total dollar return to investor, and ROE?
- Redo the analysis but now assume that the debt financing would cost 15 percent
- Return to the initial 8 percent interest rate. Now assume the EBIT could be as low as $500,000 (with a probability of 20 percent) or as high as $1.5 million (with a probability of 20 percent). There remains a 60 percent chance that EBIT would be $1 million. Redo the analysis for each level EBIT and find the expected values of the firms not income, total dollar return to investor s and ROE. What lesson about capital structure and risk does this illustration provide?
- Repeat the analysis required for Part a but now assume that Settle Health Plans is a non-for-profit corporation and pays no taxes. Compare the result with those obtained in Part a.
- Calculate the after tax cost of debt for the Wallace Clinic, a for- profit healthcare provider, assuming that the coupon rate set on its debt is 11 percent and its tax rate is
- 0 percent
- 20 percent
- 40 percent
- St. Vincent Hospital has a target capital structure of 35 percent debt and 65 percent equity. Its cost of equity (fund capital) estimate is 13.5 percent and its cost of tax-exempt debt estimate is 7 percent. What is the hospital corporate cost of capital?
- Richmond Clinic has obtained the following estimate for its costs of debt and equity at various capital structure:
Percent Debt After Tax Cost of Debt Cost of Equity
20 6.6% 17
40 7.8 19
60 10.2 22
80 14.0 27
What is the firm’s optimal capital structure? (Hint: calculate its corporate cost of capital at each structure. Also note that data on component cost at alternative capital structure are not reliable in real world situations.
Answer rating (rated one time)
body preview (19 words)
Please find solution xxxx in excel xxxxx and xxx xx xxxx xx you xxxx more help xx it. xxxxxx
file1.1_13.213.3__13.4_0.xls preview (288 words)
|xxxxx||All in xxxxxxxx|
|Return xx xxxxxxxx in xxxxxx||0.6x||xxxx|
|xxx net income xxx return xx investors in dollar xxx gone down but the return xx investment xxx xxxx up xxx to debt financing as xxx|
|investment xx equity has decreased.|
|xxxxxx to xxxxxxxx in xxxxxxx||xxx||xxxxx|
|xxx result xx the xxxx xx in x but xxx xxxxxx is lower xx 15% xxxx xxx|
|xxxxxx to xxxxxxxx in dollar||xxxx||xxxx||xxxx|
|The debt financing is beneficial xxx to xxx xxxxxx on xxxxxxxx being xxxxx xxx at the xxxx time the above analysis xxxx that xxx|
|level of xxxx is also|
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it