your skills while networking and seeking employment. Typically, an elevator speech is a one-minute summary of who you are, why you are qualified, and what you have to offer the organization or industry. A brief sales pitch will ensure that you are prepared to discuss your career goals whenever the opportunity presents itself. Some examples of where you could use your elevator speech are at a networking event, during a job interview, or in a social setting.
- Watch The Elevator Pitch Career Spots video (3:25 minutes) and design a 1-minute sales pitch that is tailored toward your chosen career path. It is recommended that you utilize one of the following voice recording options to hear your elevator speech and share it with your classmates:
- Once you have completed your recording, share your pitch with the class by copying and pasting the link of your recording into the body of your initial post. If you are having trouble recording your elevator speech, please contact your instructor.
Guided Response: Listen to two of your peers’ elevator speeches and comment on how well they presented the following information:
- Who they are
- Why they are qualified
- What they have to offer the organization or industry
Example Elevator Speech
Hi, my name is John and I am a student at Ashford University completing my Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management. For the past five years, I have worked in a leadership role in the food service industry, where I was able to reduce costs and increase revenues. I am seeking to increase my management responsibilities and move into a district manager role where I can help improve company productivity and increase profitability.
- 6 years ago
- MSL 5200 DB 5
- Graded Project Research Project Grad
- Assignment 4 Change Mangement Plan
- what do you understand the term genetic ppooling? what is the characteristics a complete dominant characterization?What is a genetic tree diagram? Answer in at lest 200 words
- Assignment 3 Systems Analysis and Design
- 499 Discussions
- Strayer Fin 534 Week 8 Discussion Questions
An elevator speech is an excellent way to convey your skills while networking and seeking employment. Typically, an elevator speech is a one-minute summary of who you are, why you are …6 years ago
- NOT RATED
An elevator speech is an excellent way to convey your skills while networking and seeking employment. Typically, an elevator speech is a one-minute summary of who you are, why you are …3 years ago
- NOT RATED
Ashford 7: - Week 6 - Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will …3 years ago