1. Sales managers need the assistance of an in-house marketing support group, which generally provides which of the services below?
a. Serving as information conduit between management and sales force
b. Providing sales promotion brochures, catalogs, direct mail pieces, etc.
c. Managing field sales activities
d. Achieving sales volume and quotas
2. Drawing conclusions based on the path a customer takes while navigating information on the company website is called:
a. click-stream analysis.
b. data mining.
c. database marketing.
d. CRM intelligence
3. A __________ is a “financial sales plan outlining how to allocate resources and selling efforts to achieve the sales forecast.”
a. sales potential
b. sales quota
c. sales budget
d. sales audit
4. The fourth step in the procedure for developing sales territories is:
a. conduct an account analysis.
b. develop a salesperson workload analysis.
c. combine geographical control units into territories.
d. assign salespeople to territories.
5. Most firms turn to __________ as their first source of new sales recruits.
c. non-sales personnel within the company
d. non-competing companies
6. The key to achieving successful results from training is to focus on:
b. initial sales training.
c. learning objectives.
d. performance objectives.
7. __________ of motivation provide insights into employees’ needs for rewards and recognition.
a. Reinforcement theories
b. Content theories
c. Process theories
d. Expectancy theories
8. An audit of sales management functions includes which of the following areas?
a. Sales managers education level
b. Sales force goals and objectives
c. Sales management program deployment
d. Selling costs
9. Which of the following performance factors are considered within the control of the salesperson?
a. Competitive intensity
b. Variations in company support
c. Generating sales revenues
d. Time allocation between account development and account maintenance
10. Lucius Cogburn is a consumer products sales manager for a large east coast manufacturer. He is developing a sales plan for the coming year and is presently involved in making various planning assumptions about the internal company environment and external marketing environment prior to preparing a sales forecast. He is also developing some contingency plans based on different sets of assumptions. What stage of sales planning is Mr. Cogburn in?
a. Situation analysis
b. Opportunities and problems
c. Action programs
d. Performance evaluation systems
11. Amazon’s 1-Click® ordering and its effect on online purchasing is an example of which Internet-related relationship?
a. Buyer-seller-policy maker
12. Orbitz.com combines several major airlines into a one-stop online reservation site. This is an example of a(n):
a. strategic alliance.
b. strategic network.
13. Keeping the Internet free from tax policies applied to off-line transactions:
a. is a better option for buyers.
b. gives online retailers a competitive advantage.
c. means less sales and use tax revenue for the states.
d. All of the above
14. Strategies for competing in the Internet product market are based upon:
a. specialization and generalization.
b. ecology and competitiveness.
c. communication and interactivity.
d. market segmentation and competition.
15. Which of the following Internet resources can specifically add value through leveraging?
a. Image and link exchange
b. Loyalty and improvement
c. Advertising and communication
d. Content, channel, and communication
16. A Web site link that points to a particular page is called a:
b. backward link.
c. forward link.
d. reciprocal link.
17. Your company purchased 250,000 online advertising impressions and made an average net profit per sale of its product of $5. With statistical averages of 3% for click-through and 4% for company turnover, the expected return on your investment is:
18. A market that emphasizes products and services necessary to the manufacturing and sales of products in a specific industry are known as:
a. procurement markets.
b. vertical markets.
c. horizontal markets.
d. B2C markets.
19. __________ intermediaries connect buyers and sellers when fragmentation is high on both sides of the market.
20. Which of the following is NOT a key shift in business activity with regard to ongoing relational exchange?
a. From products to people
b. From competition to cooperation
c. From stand-alone to networked
d. From transactions to collaboration
Purchase the answer to view it
1. Amazon’s 1-Click ordering and its effect on online purchasing is an example of which Internet-related relationship?
a. Buyer-seller-policy maker