Like most young girls, I fell in love with a few of my teachers. Their kindness and nurturing inspired me...avr.m.
Like most young girls, I fell in love with a few of my teachers. Their kindness and nurturing inspired me to be a teacher. Naturally, those desires changed as I grew older. After witnessing teachers being disobeyed, disrespected, and crying I began to feel just the opposite. I noticed a wide spectrum of teachers from excellent to mediocre while my children attended school. Still, dealing with the abysmal teachers caused me to rethink my current career choice. I chose to become a teacher after an encounter with my daughter’s Algebra teacher. I assisted my daughter with a homework assignment. I disclosed an easier method to derive the answer. My daughter grasped the concept quickly. Unfortunately, she was disappointed when she received an “F” for the assignment. Likewise, I immediately contacted the teacher for a conference. The teacher concurred the answers were correct. However, she would not provide full credit since the instructed procedure was not followed. It was absurd to be given a failing grade for correct answers properly worked out. I did object tenaciously and the grade was changed. For that reason, I made the decision to teach. Teachers who are dispassionate and unmoved are melancholy. Math was so much fun to me! To view a teacher that did not challenge herself to see the existence of more than one approach to a solution was very frustrating. Consequently, those type teachers ruin math and causes it to be a feared subject. I aim to be the opposite while building confidence in the students I teach.
- 9 years ago
- What releigons did asian nations practice before Eouropean contact?
- What is the theme of Mother Courage and Her Children by Brecht?
- A sqaure has a perimeter of 32 cm. What is the area?
- Finance Quiz
- powerpoint presentation
- What speeches and policies were important in formulating Cold War policy and why?
- 5 1/4 + 7 1/2 + 6 3/4
- what is a covalent bond?
- statistics: popular magazines rank colleges and universities on their "academic quality" in serving undergraduate students. list five variables that you would...
- What is the answer to 2x+6=12