Monitoring Our Home Planet
Monitoring Our Home Planet
The Internet is a powerful tool that provides the ability to monitor natural phenomena and disasters that happen all over planet Earth.
In this assignment, you will research resources available on the Internet for monitoring natural phenomena including earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, global climate, and weather.
Based on your research, do the following:
- Identify a minimum of three different natural phenomena that are typically responsible for natural disasters. Analyze the potential impact of these disasters.
- Analyze how these phenomenon are monitored, or not, via the Internet. Critique available Web sites, which publicly display up-to-date monitored information related to each of the natural phenomena you have identified. Focus on the following aspects:
- What parts of the world are potentially affected by these phenomena? Specifically identify the countries.
- What kinds of resources are allocated toward monitoring these phenomena and why?
- What types of Web resources monitor the phenomena and provide up-to-date information about them?
- What kinds of technology are involved in monitoring the phenomena?
- What political ramifications would this disaster-preparedness technology cause between more-developed countries and less-developed countries?
- What kinds of issues could this technology cause between less-developed countries?
- How would this technology directly impact the economies of those countries that have the technology versus those countries that do not?
- Do you predict any indirect impacts? What current evidence supports your position?
- Disaster Preparedness
- What types of systems are in place in terms of disaster preparedness related to these monitored phenomena?
- Summarize your findings. Evaluate how this technology will impact the future of humanity, both positively and negatively. Be sure to consider the political and economic issues discussed in your future predictions.
Support your statements with examples. Use a minimum of six reliable references, two of which should be peer-reviewed articles.
Write a 7–8-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
PSY 215 Week 5 Final Paper Monitoring Our Home Planet (NEW COURSE)A+++Tutorial Already Graded A+ Use As Guide
body preview (0 words)
file1.doc preview (2050 words)
xxxxxxx head: xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxx PAGE xx xxxxxxxxxxx �1� NATURAL xxxxxxxxx � PAGE xx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxx 215 xxxx 5 Final Paper xxxxxxxxxx Our xxxx xxxxxx
For xxxxxxxxxx mankind has been xxxxx with xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx for xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx Humankind has witnessed devastating xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx tsunamis, tornadoes xxx earthquakes some unknowingly xxxxx others predicted xxx nothing xxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxx xx xxxxx xxxx of life. Nature's unpredictable xxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx are now xxx then x shocker with some happening xxxx xxxxx expected and xxxxxx xxxxxx than expected. Last xxxxx xxxxxx by the United Nations xxxxxxxxxxxxx Strategy xxx xxxxxxxx Reduction revealed that there xx an 18-percent rise in xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxx to 305 xxx xxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxx & xxx xx al., xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx being the xxxxxx of xxx inventions xxx led xx major xxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xx produce state of the xxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxx xx used xx measure and xxxxxxx natural xxxxxxxxxx before xxxx xxxxxxx Scientists view every xxxxx calamity xx a challenge to them since xxxxx xx xx opportunity xxx xxxxx xxx error xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx mistakes xx xxxxxxxxx x matter xx xxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx a xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx puts
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it