Module 3 discussion Michael Smith
Analyze at least 3 classmates’ comments into one new comment of your own. You must analyze/synthesize viewpoints and assumptions of classmates and experts. Below are 3 classmates comments.
1. Absolutely I believe that bullying is a public health issue. When you consider all of the factors that come into play when it comes to the heartbreaking (in my opinion) epidemic. Bullying has bee one of the key factors in not only students but everyday people having to dealt with. This type of behavior towards people have led to many people committing suicide, having homicidal tendencies, drug and alcohol dependency, and other dangerous behaviors. Although studies have shown that bullying has decreased in percentage in schools, it is still an issue that needs to be dealt with. The study was conducted at John Hopkins University and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This data included self-reported data from more than 246,000 students in grades four through 12th at 109 schools. (Bradshaw, 2017)
2. Bullying is a public health issue that affects all persons involved. It impacts the person being bullied and can ultimately lead to health issues such as depression or stress influenced ulcers. It also impacts the bully and person's who are witnessing and just not saying anything because they're scared to begin getting bullied themselves. (VET, 2017) Students who are bullied have a higher risk of suicide, however, the reasons why a person may be at risk of suicide are extremely complicated. The person being bullied can result in acting out and start taking their anger and frustrations out on people around them at school or home, according to stopbullying.com, in 12 of 15 school shooting cases in the 1990s, the shooters had a history of being bullied.
3. Bullying is a public health problem, it is a form of abuse that affects the victim’s mental and physical health (Prevention of bullying, n.d.). Victims of bullying are more likely to develop depression or anxiety (Bullying, 2016). Furthermore, the effects are not only limited to the victims but also affects the perpetrators as well. Perpetrators are likely to develop antisocial personality disorder and more prone to abuse drugs between the ages of 27-32 years (Hertz, Donato, Wright, 2013). In conclusion, bullying is a public health environmental problem that can have a lasting negative mental and physical health effects to both the victims, bystanders, and perpetrators (French, 2017).
- C++ BASIC HOMEWORK
- NEED HOMEWORK DONE
- can someone do my homework?
- DUE TODAY
- write a summary (st)
- Please follow the rubric and direction, fresh and free of plagiarism
- for brilliant answers only
- Country Research
- NPV (Net Present Value) versus PI (Profitability Index) Consider the following two mutually exclusive projects available to Global Investments, Inc.: Projects C0 C1 C2 PI NPV A -$1000 $1000 $500 1.32 $322 B -500 500 400 1.57 285 The appropriate discount r