Modern American History
2 - 3 pages
In 1972, there was a break-in at the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in the Watergate Office Complex. Thus began a series of events that would shake the public’s confidence in its most visible symbol of American authority and prestige: the presidency.
This is a Three part assignment:
PART ONE: Discuss ONE of the following events surrounding the break-in:
- When did the break-in occur?
- How was Nixon connected to the break-in?
- Which top aides resigned and why?
- When Nixon resigned, who took over as President?
PART TWO: The presence of a White House taping system was discovered.
- Discuss the events surrounding the discovery of the tapes and the issues involved in trying to get the tapes.
- What is the "18 1/2 minutes of silence"?
PART THREE: Include ONE of the following personalities in your discussion and discuss their involvement (see list). You are to incorporate persons from part three, into your discussions of parts one and two.
- Richard M. Nixon and his resignation
- Gerald Ford’s pardoning of Richard Nixon (not connected with the break-in but important in the context)
- H. R. Haldeman
- John Ehrlichman
- Attorney General Richard Kleindienst
- Archibald Cox
- Howard Hunt
- Chuck Colson
- G. Gordon Liddy
- John Dean
- John Mitchell
- James McCord
- Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein
- Mark Felt
- Deep Throat
Answer rating (rated one time)
Modern American History
body preview (0 words)
file1.doc preview (590 words)
Break-in xx the Democratic National xxxxxxxxx’x
xx xxxxxx 1974, President xxxxx xxxxxxxxx that xx was xxxxx xx xxxxxx from xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx his xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx president Gerald xxxx took xxxx as xxx new xxxxxxxxx to complete xxx xxxxxxxxx two xxx x xxxx xxxxx of Nixon term. xxx resignation xxx as x result of xxxx xxxx xxx xxxxx bitter public xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx The President xxxxx to public xxxxxxxx and the xxxxxxx from his xxxxxx party and xx xxxxxx the first U.S president to xxxxxx from xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx
xxx tape was discovered xx the security xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx the guard was going round at the Watergate hotel in the xxxxxxx of June 17, xxxxx xx xxxx across x door xxxxxxxx between the xxxxxxxx stairwell xxx the xxxxxx xxx parking vehicles xxxx was xxxxx prevented xxxx xxxxxxxx by a xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxx tape xxx continued with xxx walk, later on xxxx he returned to the xxxx scene xx
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it