MKT 310 Midterm Exam Chapter 1 to 8Helphere
1) Using intuition, continuing what was done before, and copying a successful competitor’s strategy are examples of ________.
2) An example of nonsystematic research in retailing, relating to the effect of a price rise on projected sales, is ________.
3) The information needs of retail managers are anticipated, collected, organized, and stored on a continuous basis in ________.
4) Which of these is not a benefit of the use of a retail information system?
5) The procedure to gather, integrate, apply, and store information related to specific subject areas is referred to as ________.
6) A major benefit to data warehousing is its ________.
7) An application of data mining is ________.
8) The use of micromarketing is an example of which target marketing strategy?
9) Which statement concerning the Universal Product Code (UPC) is not correct?
10) The Universal Product Code (UPC) system allows a retailer to ________.
11) Retailers and their suppliers regularly exchange information via their computers through the use of ________.
12) Marketing research in retailing involves ________.
13) Which stage of the marketing research process in retailing is concerned with the development of a clear statement of the topic to be examined?
14) Data that have already been gathered for purposes other than the problem or issue under study are ________.
15) Secondary data can be further broken down into ________ and ________ data.
16) Data generated through surveys, observation, experiments, and simulation to address the specific problem or issue under study are ________ data.
17) A major advantage of secondary data is the ________.
18) A major disadvantage of the use of secondary data is ________.
19) An example of internal secondary data is ________.
20) An example of external secondary data is ________.
21) Ongoing studies are made available to many clients for a fee from ________.
22) A major advantage of primary data is that the ________.
23) Sampling of stores, products, or customers in a nonprobability sample is conducted on the basis of ________.
24) Information is systematically gathered from respondents by communicating with them in a(n) ________.
25) Which of the following is not a survey?
26) The potential for interviewer bias is greatest in which survey technique?
27) In a nondisguised survey, a respondent is told the ________.
28) Disguised surveys are typically used to study consumer ________.
29) The semantic differential technique uses ________.
30) An appliance retailer is classified by consumers as friendly, reliable, moderately attractive, and as providing a relatively good value for the money. The research technique used by the retailer is ________.
31) A form of research in which present behavior or the results of past behavior are noted and recorded is ________.
32) The major disadvantage of observation is that ________.
33) One or more elements of a retail strategy mix are manipulated under controlled conditions in which research technique?
34) Which research technique is able to show cause and effect?
35) A mathematical model is constructed to explain the environment facing a retailer in which research technique?
36) A small movie theater plans to build a coffee and snack bar that features espresso based on the success of a much larger competitor that features six screens. This strategy represents ________.
37) Which does not represent a systematic method of research?
38) A major characteristic of a retail information system is ________.
39) A hotel chain found the following profile to exist for its guests: average stay is 2.4 nights, 54 percent had a car with them, 73 percent used an in-room phone for 3 or more calls, 8 percent watched a pay-per-view television program, and 15 percent purchased a snack item from the in-room refrigerator. Which form of marketing research was the retailer utilizing?
40) The difference between regular reports and exception reports is based on ________.
41) A retailer with 1,000 credit accounts has 50 with balances that are past due for over 45 days. How many accounts would be listed in the exception report?
42) An example of an exception report is ________.
43) A frequent-shopper program is an example of ________.
44) A retailer uses sophisticated software to evaluate large quantities to uncover emerging trends. This illustrates ________.
45) The data collection role of retailers in a distribution channel has been facilitated by ________.
46) The Universal Product Code (UPC) is most widely used in conjunction with ________.
47) An advantage of electronic data interchange (EDI) is ________.
48) Paperless communication between a retailer and its suppliers has been facilitated by ________.
49) The major difference between marketing research in retailing and a retail information system is that ________.
And more (Total 900 Questions and Answers)
- 5 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it