MGT 401 SLP 4hinsvi
For the Module 4 SLP, think about a major organizational change that occurred in your workplace. Think carefully about the steps taken by management during the change process, and the organizational change processes and concepts that you read about in the background materials. Then write a two- to three-page paper addressing the following issues. Make sure to cite at least two of the required background readings in your paper:
- Describe the change that occurred in your workplace. Was the change successful? Was there a lot of employee resistance to this change?
- What steps and processes did management take to implement this change? Was it similar to Lewin’s three steps, Kotter’s eight steps, or the five steps used in action research?
- In retrospect, do you think the change process would have gone better if management used Lewin’s three steps, Kotter’s eight steps, or the five step approach of action research?
Carefully explain your reasoning for each of your three answers using specific examples from your personal experience and the concepts from the background materials.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Include both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper , including pages 13-14 on in-text citations.
Managing organizational change. Pearson Learning Solutions. New York, NY.
Hartzell, S. (2013). Lewin stage model of change: Unfreezing, changing, refreezing Principles of Management. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kerDFvln7hU
Hartzell, S. (2013). Explaining Kotter’s 8 step change model. Principles of Management. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3EGdZ3_pU
Lurey, J. & Griffin, M. (2012). Section 2: Chapter 4: Action Research: The anchor of OD practice. Handbook for Strategic HR : Best Practices in Organization Development from the OD Network. Saranac Lake, NY, USA: AMACOM Books, pp. 46-52. [[eBook Business Collection]]
Schein, E. H. (2010). Chapter 17: A conceptual model for managed cultural change. Jossey-Bass Business and Management : Organizational Culture and Leadership (4th Edition). Hoboken, NJ, USA: Jossey-Bass. [E[eBook Business Collection]]
Kotter, J. P. (2007). Leading Change: Why Transformation Efforts Fail. Harvard Business Review, 85(1), 96-103. [Business Source Complete]
Anson, J. H. (2011). Leaders are the critical element in the network: Applying the Kotter Change model in shaping future information systems. Army Communicator, 36(4), 20-27. [Academic Source Complete]
- 5 years ago