MATH 311 (Discreet Math Questions)
I have attached the file where there are questions attached. There are a total of 20 questions. And I need these answers by 8/27/2016. Thank You.
Here are some sample questions:
1. How many ways are there to rearrange the letters in FUNCTION?
2. How many ways are there to rearrange the letters in INANENESS?
3. Refer to Example 4.40. An urn contains nine red balls, nine white balls, and nine blue balls, and sample of four balls is drawn at random without replacement.
Compute the probability that all of the balls in the sample are the same color. (Round your answer to four decimal places.)
4. In a suitable font, the letters A, H, I, M, O, T, U, V, W, X, Y are all mirror images of themselves. A string made from these letters will be a mirror image of itself if it reads the same backward as forward: for example, MOM, YUMMUY, MOTHTOM. If a four-letter string in these letters is chosen at random, what is the probability that this string is a mirror image of itself? (Round your answer to four decimal places.)
5. An urn contains six red balls, five white balls, and four black balls. Three balls are drawn from the urn at random without replacement. For each red ball drawn, you win $4, and for each black ball drawn, you lose $6. Let X represent your net winnings.
Compute E(X), your expected net winnings.
5. Write a recursive function in pseudocode that computes the value of the following recurrence relation:
if n = 1
H(n − 1) + 6n − 6
if n > 1.
Give descriptive preconditions and postconditions.
6. Consider the following pseudocode function.
function W(n Z)
n > 0
if n is odd then
return n + 1
return n − 1
Compute the values returned by the following function calls.
(a) W(12) = [removed]
(b) W(−19) = [removed]
(c) W(7) = [removed]
- CJA 384 Week 4 Individual Assignment Social Disorganization
- is the US healthcare free?
- I need his to be properly cited in the powerpoint and original with a reference slide . I new it by midnight . I paid someone to do it once but it was not correct .
- Term paper on :WLANs
- Social movements highlight
- 1) Suppose Unique Motors Company sold an issue of bonds on January 1, 2001.
- ACC 380 Week 5 Final Project
- BSA 385 Week 2 Individual Assignment 1
- PAD520 Week3 Assignment 1