managerial economics homewk 2
Chapter 3 exercises
3. The olde yogurt Factory has reduced the price of its popular Mmmm Sundae from $2.25 to $1.75. as a result the firm daily sales of these sundaes have increase from 1, 500/day to 1,800/day. Compute the arc price elasticity of demand over this price and consumption quantity range.
4. The subway fare in your town has just been increased from a current level of 50 cent to $1.00 per ride. As a result the transit authority notes s a decline in ride ship of 30 percent.
A. compute the price elasticity of demand for subway rides
B. if the transit authority reduces the fare back to 50 cents, what impact would you expect on the ridership? Why?
7. In an attempt to increase revenues and profits, a firm is considering a 4 percent increase in price and an 11 percent increase in advertising. If the price elasticity of demand is -1.5 and the advertising elasticity of demand is +0.6, would you expect an increase or decrease in total revenues?
Chapter 4 exercises
5. General cereals is using a regression model to estimate the demand for tweetie sweeties, a whistle shaped, sugar-coated breakfast cereal for children. The following (multiplicative exponential) demand function is being used
Where QD=quantity demand, in 10 oz. boxes
P=price per box in dollars
A=advertising expenditures on daytime television, in dollars
N=proportion of the population under 12 years old
a. Determine the point price elasticity of demand for Tweetie Sweeties
b. Determine the advertising elasticity of demand
c. What interpretation would you give to the exponent of N?
6. The demand for haddock has been estimate as
Log Q=a+b log P+C log I+d log Pm
Where Q=quantity of haddock sold in New England
P=price per pound of haddock
I=a measure of personal income in the New England region
Pm=an index of the price of meat and poultry
If b=-2.174, c=0.461 and d=1.909
a. Determine the price elasticity of demand
b. Determine the income elasticity of demand
c. Determine the cross price elasticity of demand
d. How would you characterize the demand for haddock?
e. Suppose disposable income is expected to increase by 5 percent next year. Assuming all other factors remain constant, forecast the percentage change in the quantity of haddock demanded next year
7. An estimate of the demand function for household furniture produced the following result
Where F=furniture expenditures per household
Y= disposable person income per household
R=value of private residential construction per household
P=ratio of the furniture price index to the consumer price index
a. Determine the point price and income elasticity’s for household furniture
b. What interpretation would you give to the exponent for R? Why do you suppose R was included in the equation as a variable?
c. If you were a supplier to the furniture manufacture, would you preferred to see the analysis performed in physical sales units rather than dollars of revenue? How would this change alter the interpretation of the price coefficient, presently estimated as -0.48?
- I need a 5 page apa format essay on the boston massacre.
- PARENTING AND SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS (SES) ( Child Development infancy thorough adolenscence)
- What are the key social issues contributing to the need for CJ practitioners? List at least 3 key social issues...
- At all levels of life, when related parts interact to form a whole they for a what?
- How did people educate themselves during the renaissance
- what is the answers to ceartlitriu 4 page 62
- why is matt so determined in the sign of the beavers
- political Science
- The explosive, trinitrotoluene, TNT, C6H3N306, has the same proportion of: a. N to H atoms as does NH3 b. H to...
- 250 word essay question needed today
Chapter 3 exercises
3.The olde yogurt Factory has reduced the price of its popular Mmmm Sundae from $2.25 to $1.75. as a result the firm daily sales of these sundaes have increase from 1, …