As the investment community watches to see if Blockbuster will be able to sustain a double-digit growth rate under the new direction, the CEO is reviewing his actions as the strategic leader of Blockbuster over the past couple of years. The CEO has asked you to analyze the effects that his decisions have had on the company and to make suggestions to enhance their impact on the organization.
Your report should address the following key strategic issues:
- Define and discuss some of the steps taken by the CEO to demonstrate that Blockbuster is not overly dependent on acquisitions to fuel the company's growth.
- Contrasting previous CEO leadership with the latest CEO, what results are expected as the organizational culture evolves under the latest CEO's direction?
- Outline suggestions to further stimulate strategic entrepreneurship (internal innovation) at Blockbuster.
- Suggest other recommendations you can make to improve the latest CEO's effectiveness and drive performance results to meet stakeholder expectations.
Case Study 2: Under Armour: Working to Stay on Top of Its Game
Read the case study located on page 410 of the section titled Case Studies in your textbook and prepare a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document, based on the following situation. You could append this report to the report you prepared for Case study 1.
You are scheduled to interview with the Board of Directors for the open Chief Operating Officer position at Under Armour. To fill such a key executive role at the company, you know Jeffries will expect you to be completely familiar with the specialty retail industry environment and to have fully researched the internal conditions at Under Armour.
In addition, to really stand out, you will need to offer solutions to the most pressing competitive and strategic issues facing the company.
With the meeting just days ahead, you decide to sit down and review your notes on the following key discussion points:
- Outline the greatest environmental threats that have immediate implications for Under Armour.
- Discuss the greatest opportunities available in the marketplace for Under Armour to pursue?
- Explain Under Armour's greatest organizational strengths and weaknesses?
- Outline how can Under Armour's strengths be used to deflect environmental threats and take advantage of opportunities to further the company's success in the industry?
- State what can be done to overcome the company's weaknesses?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
- 8 years ago
- Complete this in 6 hours
- finish my math homework in mymathlab.com
- managerial Accounting
- 4. Acme Company manufactures a variety of industrial products which are sold throughout the country. Fred Riley has been manager of the Eastern Branch of Acme Company for the past three years. Starting in year 2, he was able to qualify for a $50,000 ann
- Art Essay
- For Mr Rey writer
- accounting 2 questions only
- Question below
- COMM 470 Sample Persuasive Message
- Practice IRAC