A major output of the classical school of management was theKnowledgeCats
1. A major output of the classical school of management was the (Points : 5)
development of human relations principles.
behavioral approach to management.
focus on human needs and individual differences.
framework of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
2. In terms of ethics, you face a defining moment when you (Points : 5)
feel obliged to report on the misdeeds of upper management.
feel obliged to report on the misdeeds of a coworker.
have the opportunity steal without getting caught.
have to choose between two rights.
3. A major difference in the communication styles of men and women is that men typically (Points : 5)
communicate to convey information or establish status.
communicate to establish rapport and solve problems.
strive to say what others want to hear.
begin sentences with the word “like.”
4. The way in which factors such as skills, abilities, personalities, perceptions, attitudes, values, and ethics differ from one individual to another is referred to as: (Points : 5)
the basis for group differences
variation in traits.
5. Kris, a job candidate, is evaluated to have a high propensity for risk-taking and thrill seeking. Kris should be (Points : 5)
automatically excluded from any job involving handling money.
assigned to a repetitive job like data entry.
assigned to a job with rapid changes and hazardous tasks.
given a lie-detector test before being hired.
6. The rational model of decision making assumes: (Points : 5)
preferences of the decision maker are inconsistent.
that all possible alternatives can't be known to decision makers.
that outcomes can't be optimized.
that the decision maker can calculate the probability of success for alternatives.
7. Richness in a communication message refers to: (Points : 5)
the amount of data that can be sent via the type of communication medium.
the amount of feeling that is communicated with the message.
the amount of analyzable elements of a message.
the ability of the medium to convey the meaning.
8. A recommended leadership strategy for enhancing creativity and innovation is to (Points : 5)
inspire creativity and innovation.
impose penalties on employees who do not think creatively.
mock the lack of creativity in competitive products and services.
eliminate financial incentives for creative work.
9. Which of the following is not considered to be a foundation for successful teamwork? (Points : 5)
10. The skills a team leader requires includes: (Points : 5)
flexibility, delegation, and collaboration.
communication, decisive decision making, and sensitivity.
communication, delegation, and decisive decision making.
sensitivity, flexibility, and communication.
11. A leader who scored high on initiating structure would (Points : 5)
emphasize work scheduling and assigning tasks.
disregard the feelings of team members.
emphasize listening and personal warmth.
strive to keep the group informed.
12. The situational approach to leadership would lead to the conclusion that a global leader must factor in which of the following organizational attributes? (Points : 5)
differences between men and women.
13. In the hostile environment form of sexual harassment, the harassed person (Points : 5)
does not get a fair hearing for his or her complaint.
suffers from a job loss for having filed a complaint.
suffers a job loss for having refused to grant sexual favors.
may not necessarily suffer a job loss.
14. The organization structure best suited to gaining the advantage of specialization is _________ departmentalization. (Points : 5)
product and service.
15. When a company uses outsourcing, (Points : 5)
key positions go to people brought in from the outside.
employees are leased to other companies.
certain activities are assigned to other companies.
most of its manufacturing is imported from other firms.
16. The foundation of any organizational culture is based on (Points : 5)
policies and procedures.
17. The biggest challenge associated with bringing about workplace innovations is to (Points : 5)
develop shared physical facilities.
benchmark with other companies.
switch from a hierarchy to a team-based organization.
bring about cultural change.
18. The establishment of new attitudes, values, and behaviors as the new status quo is consistent with what stage in Lewin's change model? (Points : 5)
19. A five-year study of the impact of diversity on business results found that diversity can enhance business performance only (Points : 5)
when the employee diversity mix matches the customer mix.
when the company is in a dominant market position.
with proper training and an organization to support the training.
with a culturally diverse management group in place.
20. Ethnocentrism is most likely to hamper cross-cultural relations because ethnocentric people (Points : 5)
are better at interpersonal than intergroup relations.
prefer people from cultures similar to their own.
have a strong fear of foreigners.
prefer not to interact with people from different cultures.
- 7 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it