There are two Learning Activities
Learning Activity Topic: Personal/Career SWOT Analysis
Part of being a keen strategist is to be prepared to sell yourself in the competitive industry or field of interest. Remember, you are the product to the one who is interviewing you for the next step in your career. One way to sell the product (you) is to reflect upon where you currently are in your career through a Personal SWOT analysis.
The Personal SWOT analysis template has some ideas for you to drawn from to get you started. You might want to strive to have at least five (5) items to list in each of the four quadrants.
After completing the SWOT analysis, create an Outcome List in how you plan to transform at least two Weaknesses into Strengths, and at least two to transform from Threats into Opportunities. You will also need to include benchmarks (timelines) as to when you will start and complete each task.
Learning Activity Checklist:
- Review the Unit 2 videos from the Webliography section on SWOT analysis where Dr. David Furse discusses “What is a SWOT analysis?” and Erica Olsen shows you “How to do a SWOT analysis.”
< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXYI10Po6A&feature=player_embedded > [7/9/2014]
Virtual Strategist with Erica Olsen, is a five minute video well worth your time. Reference: SWOT Analysis: How to perform one for your organzation. (2008, July 28). Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXYI10Po6A
< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSCa2kTMAo8&feature=player_embedded > [7/9/2014]
Dr. David Furse discusses SWOT Analysis
- View the Learning Activity presentation.
- Perform a Personal SWOT analysis using the Personal SWOT analysis template.
- Transform your weaknesses into strengths and provide at least two items to work from for your Outcome List. Include the benchmark timelines as to when you will start and complete the task.
- Transform your threats into opportunities and provide at least two items to work from for your Outcome List. Include the benchmark timelines as to when you will start and complete the task.
- 7 years ago
- Macro Econ
- My Life Involvement with Technology and the Web write 4-5 pages about your experince with any invention of technology that changed...
- Finance Problems!! HELP!!
- The allele for fur color in cats is co-dominant. Therefore, a cross between black and tan fur produces tabby fur...
- Fluid Mechanics... PHYSICS.... 4sl
- A company, well regarded in its local community and concered with its reputation is thinking of outsourcing one of its product line; this will make the company more competitive and persumbly allow the firms to grow.
- 200 word disscussion question for management class
- Microeconomics and Marxian HW HELP! $$
- What external forces affect nursing and health care organizations? How does the external environment affect strategic management in the health care industry? How might changes in the external environment alter strategic initiatives?