Dialects are often used as a way to paint a picture of a particular person and it can reveal how we associate certain stereotypes with a particular dialect. Occasionally this linguistic stereotyping is brought to light.
I want you to analyze the use of English in a TV program, or a film. Look for examples where different characters use different varieties of English: standard or non-standard (think social, ethnic and global English dialects) and native or non-native. Compare and contrast the features of the non-standard forms that are being employed (phonological, morpho-syntactic, vocabulary etc.) and the effect that appears to be intended. Do you believe it to be accurate? Is it fair?
- NGM- question
- How would the balance sheet differ if it were a not-for-profit hospital?
- For this week's discussion, post a response to the following:
- If the author added a sentence to the end of the paragraph, which of these would fit best
- Finance Practice Questions Ch.5 1-5
- The annual demand for a product is 16,400 units
- PROBLEM SET 4 TEST QUESTIONS
- Reichenbach Co Intangible Assets
- Brandywine Homecare, a not-for-profit business, had revenues of $12 million in 2011. Expenses other than depreciation totaled 75 percent of...
- for expert_researcher