For this week's journal, please read: The Ethic of Compassion by the Dalai Lama p. 223-228
This week, answer: what does compassion mean according to the Dalai Lama?
Please write your journal in three-four paragraphs. In your introduction, you may summarize or give a background of the reading and conclude with a thesis statement that directly answers the question above. In your body paragraph, you need cited evidence and descriptive explanations. In your conclusion, restate your main point and leave the reader with something to think about.
This week, I DO NOT WANT YOUR OPINIONS. Make a bold statement in your thesis and also in your topic sentences (without using I) and then prove those statements.
I want you to really focus on analyzing the author's writing. You may analyze by choosing one of the following techniques:
1. Analyze specific comparisons and how they make the writing more interesting and how they promote the author's point about compassion.
2. Analyze specific word choices/vocabulary and how they make the writing more interesting and how they promote the author's point about compassion.
3. Analyze appeals to any of the five senses and how they make the writing more interesting and how they promote the author's point about compassion.
- Write a heading!
- Give your journal a title (do NOT simply copy the title of this assignment or of the writing. Be creative. For more info, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugwoPm_GhmQ)
- Use Times New Roman 12 pt font!
- Continue use a variety of sentence types and punctuation types in your writing!
- Continue to pay attention to verb tenses!
- Remember that we're building on skills we learn, not learning them and quickly forgetting them
Journal needs to be around 2 pages. Here is instructions and I also attached the book.
For this week's journal, please read:The Case Against Collegeby Caroline Bird p. 80-84