preparing a spreadsheet that helps one to plan custom vacation packages for families. The final outcome would be a nice vacation within a given budget and a given time span. While the scope of the work is pretty flexible, there are certain expectations that need to be met. You have the complete freedom to decide what the dimensions of “nice” are.
(a) There should be option of constructing a tour circuit by first selecting a state to visit, using a drop down list on the visual display. The list of tourist destinations should then appear automatically depending on the choice. The tour circuit will be constructed by choosing towns of tourist interest from this list, and deciding on the sequence in which the places will be visited. For example a client could choose Bihar as the state to visit and then construct the circuit with Patna, Nalanda, Rajgir and Gaya in that order.
(b) To increase flexibility in travel time, there could be a facility for selecting mode of transport.
(c) For the tour circuit your spreadsheet should allow for analysing two package options based on mode of transport (Air, Train, Car), and hotel quality (star rating, customer feedback etc.) for travelling from one place to other, activities, side tours and length of vacation. A tour starts from the first city and ends in the last one. Analysis of each package should result in a visual output of bar graphs comparing scores in budget, flexibility, and other metrics of your choice. Remember that outputs need to be scaled so that comparisons can be made on the same chart for the package options that can also be selected through radio buttons on Option 1 or Option 2 (radio buttons are simple extension of the check-boxes).
(d) Each bar graph should also have check box options to enable selection of various modes of transportation (Air and car; Air, Car and Train; Train only etc.).
(e) There should be a way of giving the clients some idea about how much it would be if bought now vs. two months later (this is in consideration of the significant savings that could accrue if the flight is booked much in advance).
The bottom line is that this would enable the client to get a clear feel of ‘What would constitute getting the most out of his/her trip’.
At the time of conceptualizing the model, you may keep the following guidelines in mind:
a) The users of the spreadsheet will be city persons and that feature in the decision making
b) The budget would be flexible with an upper limit. But (s)he would want value for money and would feel comfortable if it is kept within certain limit.
c) Tours and trips must be carefully considered
d) A bad hotel will quickly ruin the trip and also the user would have high expectation for the services that (s)he pay good money for.
You will have to download from web all necessary data like airfare, the distance, rates for the type of cars needed, temperature of the place, hotel charges, etc needed for creating the spreadsheet.
- 9 years ago
- what hints suggest that something bad will happen to Karana's people before the Aleuts leave?
- did rosecrans win a victory at murfeesboro?
- what happens when the river merchant's wife is sixteen? how does she feel about this change?
- MTK Inc. is located in Boston, MA. and provides marketing consulting services to their clients. They currently have offices in the U.S., Canada and the European Union. Now they want to expand into the Middle East and they are specifically thinking in adva
- Hi can you give me some info on Metric Units
- The opinions of Bartolome de Las Casas were influential in alerting Europeans to the treatment of Native Americans. Write a 400-word speech from the viewpoint of Las Casas explaining his opinions and how they affected attitudes in Europe.
- write a 1-2 page explanatory essay which both explain what king repeats and for what purpose and explain how his...
- consider a solution of Al(no3)3 in water. A)what ion pairs would be expected to form? write thier formulas B) would...
- diagram showing nuclear formation with a caption explaining binding energy and mass defect
- Write each mixed number as an improper fraction 2 1/3
preparing a spreadsheet that helps one to plan custom vacation packages for families. The final outcome would be a nice...NOT RATED
preparing a spreadsheet that helps one to plan custom vacation packages for families. The final outcome would be a nice vacation within a given budget and a given time span. While the scope of the …9 years ago