Islamic Web Tutorial for dickson only
read this info first then answer some quesstions.
Our study of Islam will continue with two more tutorial chapters from The Islamic World to 1600. Follow the links and read through all of the material on The Mongol Invasions, and Rise of the Great Islamic Empires.
As you read the last chapter about the Ottoman empires, understand that much of this information also applies to upcoming chapters in Unit 1: Byzantine & Russian Empires and Medieval Europe. Although they are separated here for study, history is not limited to specific borders or regions, and many events in one part of the world have significant impact on other parts of the world.
Be sure to also follow the links designated by blue and gold dots to further explore a topic.
After you complete the reading, proceed to the assignment listed on this page.
1) In arabic, "Islam" means:
2) What percentage of the world's population is Muslim?
3) How does the Islamic view of Muhammad differ from the Christian view of Jesus?
4) In what year did Muhammad receive his first revelation from God?
5) What is Zoroastrianism?
6) The word "Arab" most likely means:
7) Give two reasons the Bedouins were slow or unwilling to convert to Islam.
8) Why is only the Arabic version of the Qur'an considered the authentic version?
9) Which three world religions are considered "Abrahamic"? What does that mean?
10) "Jihad" has been misunderstood to refer only to war against non-believers. What other interpretations of "jihad" are also possible?
11) Uthman's greatest contribution to Islam is:
12) The year 1492 is significant in the history of Islam because:
13) What was the Islamic response to the Black Death?
14) Who is considered the true founder of the Ottoman Empire?
Other questions 10
- for accountsguru
- Compare and contrast the two methods of soil conservation, Which do you think is more effective, or do you think...
- Two page memo
- Gymnastics lessons cost $10 per session, plus a one-time fee of $25. Shawn went to 7 session. Write an equation...
- How do I find the per-unit inventory cost?
- medievel women part 2 dickson ONLY!
- what is the area rounded to the nearest tenth of a circle with a diamiter of 22
- marketing question
- The Phoenician alphabet was probably derived from _____ and would become the basis for _____.
- I need a short 1 paragraph anwser.