Research paper details:
The final portion of the research project is to write up the final paper detailing the research you have done. There is nothing particularly unique about the format, or expectations, but here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
The paper should be 2500-3000 words in length.
You MUST cite your sources. The most common format in Political Science is APA style, but you can use another style if you are more familiar with it. Just be consistent!
Content: Every topic will be different, but this is some general advice on how to structure the paper:
- Have an introduction that lays out the focus of your research and the argument you will be presenting.
- This will be followed by sections (typically three but the number can vary depending on the framework you are applying). Each sections lays out a component of the argument.
- A concluding section that restates the argument and your evidence, and might point to either future research questions and/or other places your analysis may be employed.
- It is a good idea to use Section Breaks for each new section – nothing is more annoying than getting an eight page paper with no breaks in it….using section breaks helps keep you focused as well. The writing will be clearer, and the presentation really does make a difference.
You will turn this in by August 5th in the assignment folder.
The final paper is worth 50 points, which will be added to the literature review (25 pts) and annotated bibliography (25 pts) to give your final grade for the research component of the course.
- 7 years ago
- mn^2= mn^2+lm^2-2(mn)(lm) CosA
- Why, in your opinion, are dramas known as “plays?” Talk about a time in which you attended a play, musical or...
- At 1 atm how much energy is required to heat 79.0 grams of water at -10.0 degrees Celsius to water...
- What are two symbolic techniques used to solve linear equations? Which do you feel is better? Explain why.
- You are going to play a game where you bet a dollar and get to flip a coin ten times....
- How are port cities important and prosperity of countries?
- Naturalistic Observations and Evaluation
- A 20 kg rock is on the edge of a 80 m cliff. The rock falls from the cliff. What...
- he Cardiovascular System: Intrinsic Conduction System 1. The intrinsic conduction system consists of _______________ ____________ cells that initiate and distribute...
- 1 page redding journal