International Capital Marketdavid1962
Assignment 1: Discussion Questions—International Capital Market
The financial system brings together people or organizations that have excess funds with those who need funds. The system includes the banking industry as well as the capital markets. The capital markets are commonly used to support the purchase of long-term assets through the issuance of bonds and stock. This system exists domestically and internationally.
Research international capital markets using your textbook, University online library resources, and the Internet. Respond to the following:
- What is the international capital market? Why would an international business make use of an international capital market?
- Describe the important features of the foreign exchange market. Why is this market critical for international businesses? What risks does this market impose on international business? What factors drive changes in exchange rates within this market?
Write your response in 400 words . Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
By Thursday, January 31, 2013
Assignment 2: Presentation—Government, FDI, and Foreign Exchange
One area of international business in which the government has an important regulatory role is foreign direct investment and foreign exchange. It is important for business professionals to understand the rationale and methods for restrictions in these areas.
Research government’s role in FDI and foreign exchange using your textbook, University online library resources, and the Internet. Based on your research, develop a presentation. Your role is of an educational specialist in international business and your audience is a group of middle managers.
Discuss the following in your presentation:
- Motivations and methods by which governments can promote and restrict international trade
- Foreign direct investment and its importance
- Market for foreign exchange and the factors that drive pricing changes in the market
- Value of the foreign exchange market to an international business
- Risks of the foreign exchange market to an international business and methods to control the risks
Submit your work in a 12 slide PowerPoint presentation. Use the speaker notes area to write the information supporting the slides. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.ppt.
By Saturday, February 2, 2013, deliver your assignment
- 8 years ago
- PSYCHOLOGY Penn Foster Course
- Solution of 2^2x-16x+50
- 300-500 words minicase on alleged union paranoia
- I am suppose to write a literature review for this article https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j4940886jcklhc/econ%20article.pdf explaining economic theory used in the article
- What is values-based service? How can a company create value for customers and other stakeholders? Values-based service is defined as service...
- Strategic Issues and recommendations-4 pages or longer- APA format
- When a local bank in Kansas City makes loans to its small business customers, it charges them an interest rate...
- accounting assignment
- Analyzing a Social Policy
- See attachment