One of the important decisions that businesses need to make in its internationalisation is to choose an appropriate entry mode to foreign markets. Imagine you are working for a Singapore company listed on Singapore Exchange (see below for more details) and have been asked to expand the company’s product/service to Australia. Your task is to choose the most appropriate entry mode for your company based on your analysis on a range of related factors.
Which company shall I choose for this assignment?
A list of Singapore companies will be provided to you.
What products/services of the company should I focus on?
Most of the given companies have more than one segment of products/services. In this assignment, you ONLY need to focus on one product/service of the company.
What is the most appropriate market entry mode, and why?
In this assignment, you need to choose the most suitable entry mode for the chosen company and MUST justify it by analysing the followings:
• Company analysis: justify your choice of entry mode by analysing the company’s resources and the nature of its main products/services
• Context analysis: justify your choice of entry mode by considering the cultural, legal, political, economic and market environments related to the product/service in the target (Australian) market;
• Scale analysis: why do you think your choice of the entry mode suits the company in terms of scale, risk level, return level, control level and integration level (level of integrating with local market)?
This assessment task should be presented as a report and should include the following sections:
• Title page (title of your report, your name, student number and word count)
• Introduction (up to 200 words)
• Entry mode and Analysis ( what is the most suitable entry mode and why – you can make your own sub-headings in this section)
• Conclusion (up to 200 words)
• Reference List (is excluded from word counts)
A minimum of seven (7) academic journal articles must be used in your report.
The assignment must be well-structured and well-presented.
The clarity of expressions together with the appropriate use of grammar, spelling and punctuations are important to maintain.
Any use of comments, information, data or quotations from any sources (books, journals, newspapers, web etc.) must be cited using Harvard referencing style.
The 12 point font in Times New Roman should be used throughout. Appropriate spacing (1.5 lines) and margins on all sides (at least 2 cm) need to be maintained.
- 8 years ago
- if i take home 15488 and pay 20% tax. What was my gross wage
- what words do you get when you use mice and people
- The length of a dog's tail is an inherited trait. The allele for short tails is dominant (T) over the...
- what are the similarities and differences between Venus and Earth?
- In general, how might a senior executive mentor junior employees in behaving ethically?
- How can the physical properties of metals be modified?
- 2 squared x = 4 squared. what is the value of x
- Why is there ethnical values in business?
- A spittle bug is a tiny green insect that is 6 millimeters long. In one experiment, the spittle bug jumped...