Interagency Collaboration and Homeland Security
In the wake of the terrorist attacks in September 2001, the 9/11 Commission recommended that the U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) find a way to improve information sharing of terrorism-related intelligence at all three levels of government (local, state, and federal). The USIC’s answer to this recommendation was the creation of intelligence fusion centers.
Since the creation of these intelligence fusion centers, there has been much controversy because of the large amounts of personal information secretly collected and shared within the U.S. intelligence and law enforcement communities. In addition, some critics argue that in the years since their creation, fusion centers and the law enforcement entities affiliated with them have moved away from their original purpose and instead have utilized federal grants and resources to fight local crime.
- In 5–6 paragraphs, address the following:
- In your opinion, how effective are U.S. fusion centers? Explain.
- Do you feel that the creation of fusion centers has improved information sharing of terrorism-related information at all three levels of government? Why or why not?
- Do you feel that fusion centers have ultimately moved away from their intended purpose? Why or why not?
- Are fusion centers now being used as a local law enforcement tool to help fight local crime? Why or why not?
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your responses to the above questions.
- Comment on at least 2 other students' posts.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on at least two other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- BUS605-6 final paper
- ZIGZAG IS ANOTHER NAME FOR A A.SNAKE B.FOLDING WOOD RULE C.SABER SAW D. RECIPROCATING SAW
- Forum Topic Responses: One comprehensive forum topic response is assigned weekly. Students are required to select and research one of...
- Write an equation of a line that is parallel to the y-axis and passes through the point (4,1).
- By Barack Obama being elected to a second term, what do you hope is accomplished during his next four years...
- Fact File About Australia
- To transplant a nucleus from one cell to another cell, a scientist would use...
- EXPLAIN THE SIX-STEP SYSTEMATIC PROCESS THAT THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE ESTABLISH TO MANAGE PROJECT RISK
- Statistics II Assignment
In the wake of the terrorist attacks in September 2001, the 9/11 Commission recommended that the U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) find a way to improve information sharing of …
In the wake of the terrorist attacks in September 2001, the 9/11 Commission recommended that the U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) find a way to improve information sharing of terrorism-related …