indicate for prof moses
NOTE: Remember the discussion board is an ongoing conversation and can not all be completed in one day/sitting. Please refer to the discussion board rubric under syllabus/schedule content area of Bb for full details on the expectations of discussion board use. You must have an initial response to the following discussion questions along with at least two follow up responses to other postings.
Competing Through Technology: Monster Slayed? (Full Article and other helpful sources with related topics can be found on pg 219 of your text book).
Monster.com has 80 million resumes file and generates $1billion in sales revenue. It is at the top of the job board industry, just ahead of other major job boards such as Career Builder and Yahoo!HotJobs. Changes in technology are threatening the business model of these online boards. A recent survey indicated that 25% of companies planned on decreasing their usage of job boards and that 80% planned to increase their usage of alternative methods. LinkedIn is one alternative method, and it is a preferred internet vehicle for many employers searching for professional workers. Niche boards such as The Ladders also pose a threat to traditional job boards because they pre-screen applicants which saves employers time.
- Identify the factors that are causing the decline of usage of traditional job boards. How are changes in social media impacting this trend? If you were on the job market right now, how would you go about it, particularly after reading this case? Would you go on a traditional job board, or might you identify and use alternative methods?
- Do you think the culture and HR practices that Starbucks us using during the recession would also help the bottom line at companies in other industries such as health care, manufacturing, or research and development? Explain why or why not.
- Human Resource Management - FULL Course HRM-590 Project 3 Assignments
- The governments involvement in the private sector
- r AccountingGenius accc
- research methodology
- For J
- URGENT: Research Methodology Final Exam Assignment
- THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) OF 1990, AND ADA AMENDMENTS ACT OF 2008 PROTECT PERSONS...