IFSM 300 Disc (Zeek the GEEK)Bigricker12
This week's primary discussion topic is "IT Doesn't Matter," an article written in 2003 by Nicolas Carr. Over the next seven weeks, we will examine ways that IT can be integrated into the course long case study. Carr's article and subsequent book "Does IT Matter" would seem to indicate that integrating technology, while important and necessary, will not provide a strategic advantage.
Although there are two thought-provoking questions below, I want you to read the material provided and listen to the video and then from your own thoughts about the topic and share them with the class. I encourage you to research the topic on the Internet and particularly the UMUC Library Databases where you will find a wealth of information.
For this week, each member of Group A should do a main posting by Thursday midnight, and each member of Groups B, C, and D should respond to at least two class members by Sunday midnight. You should check back to see if I or anyone in the class have a question for you, or a comment that you want to respond to.
- What were your impressions from watching the video?
- Do you agree with Carr's concept that the PC has been commoditized and is no longer a competitive advantage? Why?
- Can you find any sources that agree with him?
Resources on "IT Doesn't Matter"
Does IT Matter? From Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_G._Carr
Nicholas Carr's Web Site - http://www.nicholascarr.com/?page_id=99
Nicholas Carr's Blog - http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2007/01/it_doesnt_matte.php
- 5 years ago
- "Attribution and Stereotypes"
- Write a 250-word (minimum) response to each writing prompt below. You must meet the minimum word count for each response to...
- Business requirements document
- HR QUESTION THEN ANSWER PLZ
- Personal Goal Setting
- 600 word paper on Egyptian Culture
- PSYCHOLOGY 494 - MENTAL STATUS PLAN
- Assignment 1: Personal Assessment of Strengths Due Week 3 and worth 200 points To prepare for this assignment, make sure to complete the StrengthsFinder quiz located in the back of your book. This will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Click here fo