Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
For your Key Assignment, you will research and follow your favorite brand or store. You will also choose a product to follow throughout this session.
The final Key Assignment that is due in Phase 5 will be a Customer Satisfaction and Product Guarantee Plan. The required Key Assignment sections are the following:
- Section I: Company and Brand Information
- Section II: Product Pitch Script
- This section will optimize the perfect pitch for selling your brand. Include features and benefits of the product.
- Section III: Cross-Selling and Promotional Opportunities
- This section will examine and recommend 2 complementing products for your brand, relevant to the customer’s lifestyle to build brand awareness and loyalty.
- Develop 1 promotional campaign for selling these complementing products.
- Section IV: The Product Promise and Guarantee
The project deliverables for Section I are as follows:
- Visit your favorite store where your product is distributed, either a brick-and-mortar (BAM) store or virtual store.
- Study the store and the product’s return policy.
- Develop a brief PowerPoint presentation identifying the company, the brand you selected, and your store’s customer service policy.
- Find a competitor, and analyze its policy. What are some of the similarities and differences?
The requirements for your PowerPoint presentation are as follows:
- 100–150 words of speaker notes per slide
- Title and reference slides (2 slides)
- Specifics and explanation of store customer service and product policies for each store (2–3 slides)
- Comparison of the 2 policies (3–4 slides)
- 1 positive aspect about both policies
- 1 negative aspect about both policies
- 1 way you would update or change the policy for today’s customer, and why you would choose to make that change
- Discuss the psychological and sociological contexts of sales and advertising.