Hypothesis Testing using Minitab part 2Clay1203
Solve Examples 3 through 5 using Minitab and interpret the output in each example to conclude whether the null hypothesis must be rejected. Please show all work and provide more than just the answer.
Example 3 Problem 1
Statistics students believe that the mean score on the first statistics test is 65. A statistics instructor thinks the mean score is higher than 65. He samples ten statistics students and obtains the scores 65; 65; 70; 67; 66; 63; 63; 68; 72; 71. He performs a hypothesis test using a 5% level of significance. The data are from a normal distribution.
Example 4 Problem 1
Joon believes that 50% of first-time brides in the United States are younger than their grooms. She performs a hypothesis test to determine if the percentage is the same or different from 50%. Joon samples 100 first-time brides and 53 reply that they are younger than their grooms. For the hypothesis test, she uses a 1% level of significance.
Example 5 Problem 1
Suppose a consumer group suspects that the proportion of households that have three cell phones is 30%. A cell phone company has reason to believe that the proportion is 30%. Before they start a big advertising campaign, they conduct a hypothesis test. Their marketing people survey 150 households with the result that 43 of the households have three cell phones.
- 9 years ago
- what effect can unethical consumer behavior have on you
- what is the greenhouse affect diagram
- how does research and surveys help society
- compare and contrast the roles of aveoli and villi?
- Should men get paternity leave from work ???
- write a review for the film 'the boy in the striped pyjamas' for someone who wants to know about the...
- A magnetic field directed into the page changes with time according to B = 0.0300t^2 + 1.40, where B is...
- Acc211 Fundamental Accounting Principal MacGraw Hill Connect Final Exam