Hypothesis Test Remember to use subscripts where appropriate. A study of dental pain (http://www.endoexperience.com/documents/PIIS0099239911010375.pdf) found that patients given ibuprofen on the 1st...
Remember to use subscripts where appropriate.
A study of dental pain (http://www.endoexperience.com/documents/PIIS0099239911010375.pdf) found that patients given ibuprofen on the 1st day after surgery had a mean pain rating of 62.7. Assume that this is the population mean pain rating of all dental patients given ibuprofen on the 1st day after surgery.
Claim: 2-pain medications are better than one. Giving both ibuprofen and acetaminophen would cause patients to have a mean pain rating on the first day after surgery <62.7.
Perform all 4 steps of the hypothesis test of the claim, given that the same dental pain study with the link above collected a sample of 35 dental patients and gave them both ibuprofen and acetaminophen through the first day after surgery.
The mean pain rating of the 35 patients=54.6
Standard deviation= 43.4.
Use the 0.05 significance level.
Clearly show Step 1 to Step 4
1. Is ibuprofen alone significantly different (in the statistical sense) in relieving pain than ibuprofen and acetaminophen together?
2. Which medication(s) would you rather take for dental pain given these results?
3. Explain your choice of medication(s) in number 2 above.
- The Greenland Ice sheet contains about 3 million cubic kilometers of ice. If completely melted, this ice would release about...
- FOR EXCEPTIONAL PROFF ONLY!
- money and banking
- ATTN: Professor_leads (topics i struggle with)
- week 10 assign
- 3.1. Week 3 Discussion. Answer any two questions from below: 1. What hinders effective presidential management? Are all presidents focused on effective presidential management? In your opinion, is one factor greater than another? Can you provide some exa
- SOC 300 WEEK 9 ASSIGNMENT 2: LENDING INSTITUTIONS, HEALTH CARE, AND HUMAN CAPITAL
- Survey of Calculus help.
- Overlooked Art Assignment WK 3