how do i write a cited paper on the i have a dream speach
Assignment 3: Note Taking and Summary
Review Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech I Have a Dream at the following:
- King, M. (2004). I have a dream. New African,(435), p. 67. (ProQuest Document ID 230228033) Retrieved from
This assignment consists of two parts. Complete both parts.
Review the Cornell Notes to see how this tool works.
- Burke, J. (2009). English Companion. Retrieved fromhttp://www.englishcompanion.com/Tools/notemaking.html
Download and review the blank Cornell Notes Template.
Complete the following:
- Use the blank note-taking sheet to summarize the main points from Dr. King’s speech as you read it. Focus on the message that Dr. King was trying to communicate to the audience that day. Be sure you complete all the sections of the template, including those for connections, questions, and summary. For reference, use the note-taking example.
Using your notes as a resource, write a summary of the speech at the bottom of the Cornell note-taking form. Be sure to cover the following:
- Create a systemic summary that captures all the main points of the speech, as well as the various pieces of evidence Dr. King used to support these main ideas. Paraphrase where necessary.
In addition to the summary reflect on the note-taking activity and address the following:
- Document what you have learned from the note-taking activity.
- Describe how you will use note-taking skills in other ways.
Submit the filled in note-taking template with the summary and reflection at the bottom as a 1-2 page document. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, October 17, 2012, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria|
|Employed template to record notes on the speech displaying analytical skills.|
|Developed comprehensive summary of the speech using main and supporting ideas to explain the message delivered.|
|Explained learning from the activity and potential areas of application.|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.|
- Parametric vs Nonparametric Tests
- Accounting homework assignments
- the product of two consecutive even integers is 360. Find the integers
- The surface area of a box is 10.4cm. What is the surface area of a similar box that is larger...
- Accounting Help
- Why do companies like Starbucks and Johnson and Johnson consider providing solid benefit packages and protecting the environment good for...
- Write a Python program that accepts six inputs from the user (using a while statement). Determine the highest and lowest values entered by the user and output these values to the user at the end of the program. Additionally, if the highest number is over
- is The wind stood up and gave a shout a simile, metaphor, or a personification
- Cultural Anthropology