CREATE A TRAININGGUIDE
Now that you’ve started to learn about insurance,appeals, and reimbursement, you can complete the followingproject.
The goal of this project is to apply what you arelearning throughout yourcourse.
You have been recently hired as the Manager of a Billingand Coding Department in a large physician practice. Asthe Billing and Coding Manager, you’ll be responsible fortraining new employees. For this project, please develop atraining document in a Microsoft Word document. Be sure todiscussthe following within your trainingdocument:
1. How does incorrect patient information impact aclaim?
2. What is correct coding? What is meant by a cleanclaim?
a. Discuss coding of Evaluation andManagement Visits. How must medical documentationsupport providerbilling?
b. Discuss use of correct diagnosiscodes.
3. Discuss HIPAA and electronicFiling.
4. What is meant by federalcompliance?
5. What is workers’compensation?
a. Discuss the types of workers’compensation.
b. Discuss the role of theombudsman.
6. What is the Center for Medicare Physician feeschedule?
a. Discuss what is meant by 80/20reimbursement.
b. Give an example of an office fee and howyou would bill80/20.
When a claim is denied, what is the process forfiling anappeal?
What is meant by timelyfiling?
What is a recovery audit contractor? Discuss howthis can impact a physicianpractice.
You’ll need to bring your training to a close.Pleasesummarize yourtraining.
Discuss the path of a claim from the time thefront desk receptionist receives the superbill whenthe patient checks out to the final receipt ofpayment.
Type your submission, double-spaced, in astandard print font, size 12. Use a standard documentformat with one-inch margins. (Don’t use any fancyorcursivefonts.)
Include the following information at the top ofyour paper:
Read the assignment carefully and address thetopic suggested. Be specific. Limit your submission tothe topicsuggested.
Use proper citation in either APA or MLA style.Include a reference page in either APA or MLA style. Onthis page, list websites, journals, and all otherreferences you used in preparing the submission, includingyour textbook.
Proofread your work carefully. Check for correctspelling, grammar, punctuation, andcapitalization.
- 7 years ago
- Subhrodip Sengupta- Finance 100 week 9 and 10
- math help
- MAT 540 Week 11 Final Exam
- WEEK 7
- Rep Test
- Two camels pass each other in the desert going in opposite directions one Camel is walking at an average rate...
- MacIntyre makes a distinction between goods âinternal to practicesâ and goods âexternal to practicesâ, and he claims that the virtues...
- ACC206: Principles of Accounting 2 - Week 1 Discussion 2
- The chapter in your text for this two week's reading discusses studies with very small sample size.